1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Married Life - Problems - Who has to be blamed ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by LifeIsNotEasy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. LifeIsNotEasy

LifeIsNotEasy New IL'ite

This is my first post...And would like to start with a new dimension.

I have been a follower of the forums and the posts on this portal for quite sometime now. I understand that this is a ladies portal but I see that the women reflect only their side of the story in this portal and the responses are quite biased towards the women from all the members. Men are being looked at like villains in most of the responses

But, What about the Men's story ? Whatever a lady reflects need not be absolutely true and need not be naive and innocent.
    The reason I am bringing up this is because I know a story my wife has posted here after a tiff we had and after reading the story I was like amazed. How could she make up such a story....I was being portrayed as if I am mike myers

I understand the effort being invested in here by all the ladies...A wonderful portal I must say for those who need genuine help. Keep it going on..

But, At times, People post unreal stories and members waste their time on their responses....

2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Well you have a chance to tell your side of story. We understand every coin has 2 sides. There are male and female readers here and they are not gender biased. This forum is not restricted to any particular gender. Many posts are genuine and needs emotional support, guiadance. This forum is indeed very good platform.

3. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Finally, some guy has come out and said it! Yes, it does happen that some stories are overly fabricated, and give a totally wrong dimension.. Some OPs get caught and go away. Some posters sense them and warn the rest. Some stories just get beaten to death, giving OP the benefit of the doubt, and making the H, the villain!

1 person likes this.
  4. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Maybe because you are hurt about what your wife wrote here, you are assuming some negative ideas and impression
    1. Its true that most of the members of this site are ladies but this portal does not restrict men from sharing their views.
    2. The opinions, views, suggestions shared by other posters are based on the information shared by the original poster of that particular issue/problem which can't be tagged as biased. They just express not command any action. And if you have clearly read other posts than your wife's, you would know there are different views on many posts as everyone has his/her opinion on the said issue which can't possibly be the same always even though all the posters are female. Maybe you should read more before generalizing.
    3. Maybe its only your point of view that your wife made up a story or she actually did. We wouldn't possibly know unless we hear your side of the story. You could post it in the same thread and see the replies. Or now that you know what she thought about the incident, talk to her and sort it out.
    4. NO THIRD PERSON would ever know for 100% sure what happened between two individuals. Be it family, friends, eye witness or just strangers like us reading it. Both parties tell their versions and only they know the whole truth.
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes, (some) woman needs only some consolation. Or they are only venting out and then go on with 'business, as usual'.

So, it is possible that a poster can spice up their post.

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

There could be stories of women who face real issues and could gather some responses from the ones who already posted here (real or fake). Assuming it will help others, posters go ahead and help in whatever way they could. Replying to posts is purely based on such an assumption. If the poster fakes her issues then no one can judge it.
    Such an incident can happen mainly in relationship forums. Other than that other sub-forums are genuine and of great benefit to everyone.

Also one needs to remember that coming to Rel forums is not the end-all of their problems. One can or cannot get a solution.

7. Sandybeach

Sandybeach Silver IL'ite

You may be right! Im pretty sure there are people here who add their own twists and turns to what might have really occurred. In fact, I have wondered if that is the case on reading many posts myself. But there is no screening done here for the authenticity of incidents. It's not that easy to say if a story has been fabricated unless its way too obvious. I think what has happened till now will still happen, a group of nice people taking their time out and trying to help those who come here for help assuming what they read is genuine. they've got to do what they've got to do, we've got to do what we've got to do!

8. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

ask your wife, why did she fabricate the story?

1 person likes this.
  9. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Love the response!

10. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

Yes there is no way to know if a post is genuine or fake. The members here believe that whoever posts their problems / issues are doing so honestly and in good faith.

Some posts are really absurd. People taking out their anger and potraying inlaws in bad light. I guess they are just unwinding themselves,.