1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Married Life Is Heaven. But Don't Be Carried Away By The Slogans

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Navaljee, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

[​IMG]

The partners in marriage are selected in heaven : that is what I have heard. But after my marriage, I have cultivated a strong belief that in heaven, too, everything is not OK. They do make mistakes in selection.
    I remember how one of my advocate friends was helping her client. She is a senior advocate and practices in matrimonial and criminal side. So whenever a case of her side comes to me, I refer the clients to her. So she had a client before her. The client was desirous to sue her husband under section 125. We refer to the sections only when we talk about the criminals. By the way the section 125 of CrPC applies when a man woman demands maintenance from her husband.

So the senior lady advocate was asking her client woman, while sitting in a proper human environment.
    “What have you lost?”
    “I lost my four years of life: I washed his house, I cleaned his floors, I cooked for him.”
    “You should demand pay for the same.” The lady advocate was bold.
    “Madame, I lost my sleep, I lost my peace of mind in the process of being happy with him.”
    “Okay, Anything you lost in the process?”
    “My virginity, Madame.”
    Since this incidence I have stopped referring cases to any other advocate. Nor I do entertain the family matters. Because I strongly believe that a person, who has still not solved his own family matters, should not get involved in any other’s family matters.

I strongly believe that getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. First you order what you want. And then your eyes wander from plate to plate of the other diners. Once you start eating your plate, you start thinking that you should have ordered the plate the other person is having on his table..

My personal life is a carriage that is full with marrital agonies.

Once we were on railway platform of Banaras, during my first ever religious tour. We were travelling since a week. By that time my wife had been quite displeased for outward display of my beliefs about Gods and Goddesses. And by that time she had realised that she was not in a good company.

Though she holds her own concepts about her three decades plus long company with me. But at that moment her face showed clear disregard for the lack of religious flavour in my character. And as being an authentic person, she was showing the entire stock of that displeasure all over her face, mainly on her nose.

I was moved. I could not see that. The element of displeasure did not match with her rosy face. So for making the atmosphere lighter, I asked her, “Why the train is so late today, Madame?”
    “Why are you asking me? Am I serving in the railways?”* That was the bombshell. The rose was angry at every petal.
    (* This is real life experience of mine, ours. And when I had heard these gunshot words, there was tea in my mouth. And due to the shock, and a subsequent coughing, a better part of the tea had gone into my nose.)

Now a days my wife is undergoing a special care project that she has devised for me. And the reason is that our family doctor has hinted that I might suffer health hazards, if I do not care about my diet.

The plus fifty-ness is a plate, full of hard nuts. The real blows are on dining table. My wife reminds me what the doctor has told me. I hate remembering a doctor, especially when I am in front of a delicious plate. In fact I compare the pool of doctors with the airline companies: we give them business and they take us for a ride.

Once I had asked my doctor about the food I should be careful about.
    He said, “Put anything on your tongue, and if it tastes good, spit it out.”

But the recent diet restrictions make me crazy. It has virtually closed down all the shops selling sweets in the city. When such shop passes by the window of my car, I feel like what Majanoo would have been feeling while Laila’s Barrat might be going away.

On my wife's admant insistence on the simple diet, and being much fed up, ultimately one day I told her that, "You know, I was a fool when I married you."

She did not reacted sharly as usual. Instead she smiled and replied, "Yes, dear, I knew you were. But I was in love and failed to notice that."

2. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

Hi Navaljee,
    lol..............very much enjoyed the restaurant comparison. There are some people who are confused what to order from the menu as well.
    Are you sure that your 'rose' is not in IL?

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

navaljee,
    nice comparison in getting married to a restaurant order...sure always the other side looks greener...
    enjoyed the tea part in your nose...(having fun at your expense, sorry)
    Rightly said by your wife, that's what every couple feels after some times/days/months/or years, isnt' it...

Good one sir,...keep it up!

sriniketan

4. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

To Ms. cheerful
    Thanks for the visit to my blospace. I am happy that you liked the humorous article. If you are interested in reading short story, then do read one that I have posted today as a blog. And one thing more: keep visiting.

5. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

6. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi navalji,
    nice hilarious post
    liked your finishing line!!!!!!!
    regards
    pavi

7. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

that was just hilarious,navaljee....enjoyed your blog...
    Mindi

9. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

Ms. Mindian

Thanks for the comment. You can visit my blogspace, too, in blogs section for reading the short stories and other literary articles. Keep visiting

10. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Shri Navaljee,
    That was hilarious. Husband wife jokes are always hilarious, but these ones were fresh too!!
    I will try not to miss any of your blogs from now on...
    Cheers
    teju