1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Married life became a hell!!!!Should I cope up with it?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by suman1234, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Suman,
    A big hug to you and also please please get out of this farce of a marriage. do not worry about society. Things have changed in the society. Please dont endure abuse like this for any reason. its not worth it. You will find someone who loves you for who you are. Be positive and do get out of this difficult situation soon.
    Good luck and best wishes
    aparna

2. STNM

STNM New IL'ite

Hi Suman,

Hats off to you for your patience and the mind you have set up to keep up this marriage .. But at the same time the level of tolerance has gone much above what a normal person could bear ... Leave him off , he doesn't deserve you .. your love .. your trust ..

Life is very short ... It is a combination of both sad and happy moments ... Is it worth for you to just have these terrible moments in life sacrificing all your ambitions , love , determination and everything in life just for a single person who doesn't love you? You shouldnt give up ...
    Think about the future that is waiting for a girl like you , both personally and proffessionally ...Think!! Think and act .... Never give up anything ....
    Married life is not a burden ...It shouldn't be ...
    Its really high time to take a Decision.. Get rid off him and enjoy your life ...

3. kssvandana

kssvandana New IL'ite

Hi Dear...hugs to you...you being such a smart lady, i dont see why do u think so much about saving the marriage...next time he raises his voice, immeidately say good bye to him and his family. Otherwise it could be dangerous to your life someday...

4. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi Suman,

I wish to ask the same question you have asked "Do you want to cope up with this ?" If yes, can you give yourself one good reason. Shut the whole world out and then answer that question.

That guy is a psycho (Sorry, I have no better word).

Let the world know about him and come out of that "marriage", if we may call this relation so. In marriage husband takes oaths to protect wife not to punish her.

Decide fast and get out of his life.

Sirisha

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

how does it even matter?u are an independent woman , take advantage of being one. had enough of him, just start life afresh!
    wish u good luck !

6. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Suman, stop being stupid. Instead of asking us here, ask yourself, would a man who made it clear on second day of marriage that he doesn't like you ever show any respect to you? Think think. It will never happen. NEVER! He wants to kill your self-esteem because he has severe inferiority complex. He will never change whatever you do to please him and his parents. Don't fall for that his parents try to calm him. Thank God you have not yet had a baby, there is still time and you can get out of this marriage. Imagine what will happen if you ever had any kids with him, he may end up abusing, beating your kids too. Is that what you want? If No, what is stopping you from leaving this marriage?

Don't think of society, this society will never be there if tomorrow he hits you and you end up blind or lame. None of those people whom you think will talk loose of you if you divorce him will help you if you end up handicapped one day because of this man's abuse.

What do you mean by that you are from a conservative family? Girls who take the path of divorce are not from liberal families who teach them not to try making their marriage work and just walk out at slightest problem. They opt for divorce because staying put in an abusive relationship is a bigger crime.

Muster up courage, thank your stars that your parents support you, many girls parents tell them to keep adjusting! Don't spend another day with this guy if you have any respect for life. You owe your life to your parents, think of them, what injustice you are doing to them by allowing your monster husband to abuse them. They are the ones who educated you, do you feel no moral responsibility towards them?

A similar thing happened to my cousin, she had a love marriage by parental consent, still her husband started abusing her and her parents within a month of marriage. Within 6 months she filed divorce and separated from him. It was not easy but she decided that she deserves respect in a relationship. We are from a very conservative North Indian Brahmin family where a girl once divorced would never get married, but still all our family members came forward and encouraged this cousin to get out of the abusive marriage and start anew. Today she is in Singapore with a very successful career and is married to an Indian guy there who is a gem of a person.

Please don't ruin your life by staying in this marriage. Get out of it ASAP.

All the best.

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

what are you trying to achieve. You say you are an educated well qualified professional. Act like one.

He beats you like a dog
    He treats you like sh**

Is this how your parents brought you up? To live with no self-respect? Will the society come for your rescue when you have no job, with 2 kids and he is abusing you day in day out? Will this society share some pain when you are being abused?

There is a story.

A very religious man believed that God will take care of him no matter what, as he is sincerely doing his rituals and all. There was a flood and police came to every house to help in evacuation., This guy went into meditation saying "I don't need you. God will protect me" Flood water started filling up his house. He climbed to his roof and started praying. Rescue team in helicopter came, but again this guy rejected their offer saying "I don't need you. God will protect me". Flood drowned his house and he died. He met God in the heavens and was so angry at him and asked "Why didn't you come and rescue me" God smiled and replied "Stupid, I sent the police and rescue team to save you"

IMO, God is giving you chances very early in life. It is upto you to pick one and walk.

8. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Suman

why the hell you want to save this marriage,

I am sorry but have to say you look like as if you belong to some 20th century women, who wants to be with her husband come what may.

He is behaving like monster and yet you want to live with him.

He is asking you to leave but still you are sticking on to him as if you have no place to go.

Please file for a divorce and have a happy life ahead.

I wish you all the best

9. akka

akka New IL'ite

when I started reading your thread I thought Some one has written it on behalf of me.I am also under going the same And Please I am telling you this out of my experience leave him.I did a mistake by thinking he will change if I give him a commitment with a baby and I am entirely wrong.I never discussed this with anyone and that was another mistake. When I went for delivery my parents came to know this. know that he didnt change I want to leave him I am thinking of my kid. He is still the same no change

10. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Either leave him for better or spoil your entire life for worst.
    Your choice
    don't just give stupid reasons like (society friends relatives nonsense) to stay in this lousy marriage.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.