1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by forumvisitor01, May 19, 2006.

1. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

@poornima - Girl..We must have been sisters in some previous birth.

mine is way longer than the first in both my legs. :) I didn't know about this tale and now that I told my husband about it, he feels that even if I had told him earlier, he would have taken the risk with me and married me. Major Brownie points there!

He met this really docile, very sweet girl yday from India in a friend's place who was attending to her husband's every needs, even got him his coffee and took his mug to clean while I did no such seva for my pati parmeshwar. She filled his thali, got him his plate and kept refilling his plate when the vessels were just seconds away. My husband could not stand this for more than 20 ms and started serving the man his refillings instead. He got embarassed and began serving himself like all others

So, where was I? yes..Moral of the story - Husband feels he is better off with me cos I treat him like an adult that he is. So, perhaps he likes this shrew. My screw is not dheela right..he is happy about that

4 people like this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Shanti dear I forgot to mention that my last little finger is fourth finger and the fourth finger is the last finger. I have five fingers

2 people like this.
  3. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

ya kindred souls!!!

lol . i agree. i often wonder how ppl can bear being waited upon. i toh wud feel chocked with someone breathing down my neck like that. i need my space. thanks but no thanks, i have my own pair of arms and feet!

2 people like this.
  4. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

ha ha good one enandian!
    I have my first finger which is way longer than my big toe!!:rotfl
    In my hostel everyone would say i will be very dominating !!
    Infact both my mom and dad had longer second toe so i wonder who dominated whom!!!:spin
    I once told my dh that my second toe is longer than first so i will dominate u , and he was no one can dominate me without my will:bonk
    I dont know if i do dominate him, but if i ask i think he will say yes !!!:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear eandian,

That was nice one. OH! these siblings. I have two younger manist. As soon as tying of mangalsutra took place, all relatives scattered from the dais, we were doing the homam as couples, my brother (first one) was telling me that day was his August 15th. FYI - I too have my second finger longer than the first one in both the toes.

But he is so sweet, to sing (moderately a good singer, he practiced this song everyday with his friends and surprised me during the reception - the previous day of marriage) the song "maanoothu mandhayile" from "kizhakku seemayile", which tells the bond of brother and sister and what all the brother intend to do for the sister's child. He told me," if not all the things in the song, I will do my best to my best to my niece or nephew, when it is born". He kept his promise by buying a gold chain and bracelet on his first trip to India via singapore when I was just 4 months pregnant. My brought it to UK when she came to help me at the 9th month.

Ok coming to marriage, I have written how I got married in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/153881-could-idli-make-decision-your.html

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  6. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Enjoyed reading your post. Coming to siblings, I too have a sister who wondered how my husband can put up with me once I am married. Talking of betrayers, she told me once after marriage that she likes my husband's mentality much better than mine(?).

And I used to be so jealous of people who had longer first fingers because that would ensure their domination in the house. Alas, mine is only just about equal to the big toe..:).

2 people like this.
  7. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Reading about this reminds me that everyone at my ILs place have their first fingers bigger than the great toe, my MIL, FIL, DH, SIL (married but visits often), and my DD too. I am the only sane/insane person in the house I guess

1 person likes this.
  8. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

@Lovely post! My second toe is longer than the first by more than an inch in both my feet and when I met my MIL for the first time, she told me right on my face that I had a dominating nature because of my toes...ha ha. These days whenever I meet her and she talks about my toes, I ask about her back pain and then she starts cribbing about the back pain.

And, yes, I am dominating....no doubt about it....ha ha!

--Bubai

3 people like this.
  9. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

@Satchi...Yes.... siblings can double as our enemies too. May be the fact that they know about us in and out gives them the eligibility to be one...that too powerful ones armed with tons of insider info.

10. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

@ars, So I am sure you tipped the tour guide well....

How about sharing more info about that tourist spot to help our fellow long toed 'hitler' sisters.