1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage tragedies

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by IndainDad, May 16, 2010.

1. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Why exactly should the husband be punished? Should he be punished for having children with a woman who thinks the only way to resolve marital discord is by resorting to murder/suicide?

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Its such a shame, and yet couples think having a child will resolve everything in between them, I really get annoyed when couples have such unsolved bad issues in-between them, but yet ppl advise them to stick together for the child , how is that going to help them?? Its better they share custody and live they own lives instead of killing a young soul.

Its a best thing that they parents can do, atleast the child will not grow up seeing they parents fighting day in and out, and he would be live as well

RIP to the victims

3. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  4. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Reading this statement Silvia had told family members that she was desperate to take the child back to India, Hettleman said. The family had been in the United States only a few years and, in that time, had travelled, for the husband's job, to Chicago, California and New York City.

This reminds of a story of a lady who had written few months back on IL, she had terrible marriage and a baby few months old. Her husband was not allowing her to go to India. he had hidden the passport. Somehow they kept fighting and at the end he gave her the documents and she travelled to India

In events like this frustration builds up in couples. If one of the parent leaves the kid with other it can amount to adondonment and if takes with him or her it can be kidnap. This is a horrible cycle in domestic abuse.

5. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Are you by any chance condoning her action? Are you saying she had a right to violate the court order and take her son away from his father? Looks like she is advising other women (with marital troubles) to do the same. Does she, as a mother, not have the responsibility to do what would be good for her son? Wouldn't it have been better for her son to stay in US and know both his parents? Instead, she thought of her individual happiness. Isn't that narcissistic on her part?

6. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

What is right and wrong is not easy. No one has right to violate the law period. Wellfare of child is paramount as per me. Both need to understand this and plan things that way. But unfortunately it is not seen .

It comes to kids custody its becoming nasty. If one of the parent leaves the kid with other, he or she can be acccused of abandonment. Or if he or she takes kid with them, he or she can be accused of kidnap.

Many times Indian couples who are divorced who live in US together for years and have a kid, the court grants joint custody. But after divorce woman or man would want to go back to India, as life gets more lonely in US. People need support to be with their family , to take care of child , it is easy in India . But when other partner after divorce wants to keep living and also shows equal love towards kid that he or she cannot go without seeing the kid for long, the situation gets dicy . How are couples going to manage this situation who are trapped in divorce or marital discord but live in US?

It becomes more important to show maturity and sense in seperation as in living together too, because seperation has many problems and has to be dealt with level head by both.

I dont think she is advising other ladies to do anything she did. She did what she felt was right for her and her son, it is her decision and depending on her husband actions she will bear the results. She has allowed her husband to talk when he wants to the child has not put him in jail by falsely accusing of violence etc which is very easy to do whether in US or India.

In conclusion the answer is not easy....

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  7. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

(Violence/Loneliness/Abuse in a marriage is dependent on the
    attitude/mentality of either spouse irrespective of which country they are in.
    I bet there are several cases like this in India as well. Correct me if I am wrong.
    I feel financial independence, maturity in handling issues, strong moral support from a good group of friends/parents are very critical for any person to handle a bad marriage.)
    I fully agree with coolphani on the above lines.I too feel strong moral support is very important handling any situation. value of life should be taught at home.
    manjula

8. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Manjula many times we see educated people taking these steps , who are from good background.

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

May be you should read about postpartum depression and cases like andrea Yates? What if this lady is suffering and her family didn't give the right care?

No, I am not defending her actions, but everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

10. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Where is he now? Won't he search for his wife and baby??

And that lady is unforgivable.