1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Sucks!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by HaarikaS, Jun 30, 2013.

1. HaarikaS

HaarikaS New IL'ite

Hi.. I am Haarika.. age 29.Working as a SW professional.I am married for 5 years with the man whom i loved for 8 years before marriage.
    Cant believe i have many problems in life.. i started hating life due to living with him :cry:

I was trying to avoid not to write anything.

If i start writing i will have to think about all the past again and that will make me sad and depressed . so i dint dare to write anything.
    I always try to forget past and like to live the present and think more about future

But i am not able to tolerate when my husband lies to me and acts with me.And the same way I am also forced to act. This drama thing makes me frustrated and miserable.

I cannot be myself anymore with him. thats what i have learnt and realized.

Example: when i am talking to him in phone if i look happy he seems worried for tat.And if I talk as if i have problems here and i m sick and i m dull then he is absolutely fine talking to me.
    He always says he loves me very much and he wants me to be happy always . i dont understand in this situation what kind of love he has for me.

To tell you a brief history of what the problems between us:-
    Before marriage:-
    Basically he is a relative of mine . Though wewere relatives there was no great relationship between their family and my family.But we meet in college. I m the college topper and he is average student(not trying to tell i m great but thats a fact).
    And then some attraction between us and we like each other. Finally it turns out that he starts coming to my house with some or the other reaon(like for notes) and always tries to talk to me. I clrealy get to know he is fond of me. I also fall in love with him.One of the reason i always wanted my man to be tall as i am average height and i liked his one thing as a first attraction.I was really dumb then to fall in love. I dont know how it happened.
    we completed graduation and started working . till here also there are lot of stories between us. But i need not tell all those as they are not any problem creators now in life.

After this though my parents had hint about my affair with him they didnt consider it as they didnt wanted me to get married in relatives.
    They started telling me that there are proposals coming for me. Then i fight wid my parents . Finally he suggests me to go and talk to my uncle . I go alone to my uncle and he helps me in making my parents agree for our marriage as my parents like him and listen to his words.
    Then my parents only go to his house and get our marriage settled down. Ofcourse their demand to dowry was also accepted by my parents and they put all their effort and make our marriage successfull.

After marriage:-
    everything goes well. Then comes my sister in life who was also working .Everything was well and My husband and My sis also good with each other.
    She was staying with friends and used to visit our house once in a while. after sometime she lives with us.
    Then after some time my Father in law becomes sick and so my inlaws stay with us. So My Sis stays very less in our house and most of the times goes to live with her friends.
    After sometime my husband behaviour full change. He starts passing comments openly about me and my sis as ur parents have not teached well in life and all..
    I dont know there might be situations as so many ppl coming and going to visit my father in law. but never he passed comments opnely like this before.

1st big fight (like first world war !)
    --------------------------------------
    This hurt me and again one day major fight between me and my husband. But he was making staements about my parents. So my sis also interrupt between and ask to stop him talking about my parents. the situation was very rude between three of us.
    Next day she leaves our house and goes. My husband worried and goes directly to my uncle to tell all the problems that he has not done any mistake.

From that day all kinds of probelms started increasing. But still aftersometime eveything looked fine. Whatever the matter my parents be normal with him always.
    he also looks normal with them . After sometime my sister also comes and visit to our house when our parents come. My Husband also normal with her and everything looked fine outside.
    Then My Sis marriage topic and she also in love with one guy of same caste. First our parents resist and finally agree.
    Next my sis's Husband comes into picture. He is a very different guy who doesnt speak much. But my husband speaks a lot. So my husband dont like him.
    Basically they didnt gel with each other. Even i dont like my brother in law much as he doesnt gel with people. But he is my sis hasband so I accept the fact and be normal with him.

But then comes the big problem.. My husband started comparing himself with my sis's husband in evry matter.
    My husband starts complaining me that my parents are biased with him and my sis's husband. But there is no matter like that but he starts feeling a lot and in every minute thing starts blaming my parents and i feel like torture.

2nd fight (2nd world war!)
    -------------------------------
    after the first fight again one more fight with a gap of some 10 months:
    The topic here was different like we how to collect the money for building the house. But suddenly names of my parents, my sis, my sis's husband and are all dragged in this fight by my husband. So i get frustrated and big fight happened between us verbally.
    I was crying badly and my husband tries to hold me and i resist him i push him back. And again he tries to hold me tight but i bite his hand with my teeth to leave me.
    And in anger i push him and like little slap on his face from my hand. I couldnt control myself.
    Next day he tells everybody that i hit him and his mother, brother come to blame on me to my uncle.

I agree that I was wrong in that situation to bite him. But was not intentional and the situation made me like that.
    But when i get to know that he has told everybody about this i loose hope in life and our married life.
    Then again i have no choice as i am living in this society and i need to compromise in everything and i m proceeding in life.

Now all the people like his relatives, my relatives everybody know about our problems. But i dint care for that and try to make our life better.

But nevertheless I am trying to be normal with his mother, and all his family members. and i go with him everywhere he takes me..like functions, his brother house, his sister's house.

But my husband still stuck with old problems. And doesn't treat my parents well and don't go to my parents home.
    Even though my parents and my sister try to be normal with him and try to talk to him..he never consider that and again keeps blaming about the old problems.

I am facing lot of problems due to my husband not trying to be broad minded and considerable with me.

I don't kno i can tell this... But i feel he is too much influenced by his mother and his sister's thoughts.

I do know that everybody is wrong in one or the other situation. But everybody trying to forget and go with life. But my husband is not able to come out of this.
    But finally i am clueless when my husband will come out of this and try to lead normal life!
    I feel he is too much over reacting in everything. He always says my sister has caused damage to his life and cannot be corrected.
    He tells this at least once in 2 days. I get frustrated by this.

This is my first post. May be i try to write more on my feelings when i find i don't have a solution to deal with my problems.

Please also tell me if i am only wrong in understanding. This is my version of the story. And i know if my husband is asked to write it might be different :)

I am almost regretting everyday that i made a biggest mistake in my life by choosing this Man!

Views of all of you friends welcome! Need some helpful thoughts to go forward with this marriage!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    2 people like this.

2. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

do you have kids. try to control your emotions in front of him.
    1. make apologise from your bottom of the heart.
    2. have aopen talk with him how your parent and sis are feeling

lakshmi

3. samyut2013

samyut2013 New IL'ite

Hi
    I also faced similar situation..
    One day a big fight b/w me n my husband, did not even remember as it is happened 3yrs ago in USA. he slapped 2-3 times on my cheek with full force and i bite his hand with my teeth and some marks are formed on his hand.

Now we returned to India and so much gap happened b/w us because of in-laws and i walked out from my in-laws house, now i am at my parents home.

My DH is showing those marks and telling to the public that i tortured him in US for three years and he said following things:
    ->I wont give respect to him and calls him with his Name!!
    -> At home I calls him as how we calls our friends like (telugu-era, rara etc..) he does not like that also

It's all my fate and still i want to live only with him as i give more importance to Indian culture.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Haarika,

One young couple who lives in the same city where I live had similar problem. While wife was influenced by the thoughts of her parents and siblings and the husband was influenced by the thoughts of his parents and siblings. There were no differences between them. I see a lot of similarity in your post to this family. This wife approached me and asked, "Uncle, I have serious problems with my husband and I really don't know whether our marriage is going to last or not." After hearing her for an hour I told her, "Why don't both of you decide to live by yourself without the influence of anyone from any of your extended family and try to build strong bond betwen the two of you?" She was not sure but was willing to try it out because of respect for me. They both came to an understanding to keep both parents out from involvement for a year. They started living peacefully and now they have a child of their own. The whole situation changed and now the husband is able to get along well with wife's extended family and wife is able to get along well with the husband's extended family.

Forget the past and try to establish a rock solid relationship with your husband. Have a heart to heart discussion with your husband. Tell him that you regret all the past happenings and is ready to move on. You both agree not to involve anyone else other than two of you and all differences between you will be resolved by mutual discussion and not through others. Make him agree to it and promise him that you would do the same. Things might work out and you probably begin to live in perfect harmony with your husband.

I wish you all the best.

Viswa

12 people like this.
  5. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Dont discuss anything with him but try to build bond with hubby

6. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

dear haarika,
    my hugs to u. marriage is not always bed of roses. first few years in marriage is always difficult even though u know each others for years. make a peace talk with him and ask him to tell u what is disturbing his mind. after both of you have discuss and made peace, please dont bring up the old issues ever again in your daily lives.
    all the best.

7. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Did you say you were ok with your parents giving dowry? Is that not illegal?

2 people like this.
  8. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

If the female says " not ok" then 90% of the marriages will not happen

1 person likes this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

But then the question the female needs to ask is do I need to buy a groom. Self responsibility to me is a big thing. I am taught I am responsible for my actions. If I agree to be "ok" with something that is not just legally but morally and ethically wrong, then I should be prepared to face the consequences of those questionable actions.

If someone is asking for dowry,to me they have questionable ethics and standard - hence "not ok" as husband material.

3 people like this.
  10. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Diva, liked the intent of your post:thumbsup

2 people like this.