1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

marriage means wasting your life for others

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ishika84, Feb 25, 2014.

1. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

I don't have any trust issues with British people. My trust issues are with Dailymail only, they twist truth to support their own views and promote hatred.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

all are right BUT marriage also brings..

1) security
    2) companionship
    3) maturity
    4) practical thinking
    5) meaning towards life

the above is only applicable for people who do not have a husband who is physically
    and emotionally torturing her.

everyone goes through inlaws problems ,they may be terrible ,insult u etc BUT at the end of the day if they r basically good people ,there r times when u had a good time with them and they stand by u when a third person tries to disturb ur family life,that's all is needed.

1 person likes this.
  3. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Exactly as Rakhii said. Live in relationships are more or less like getting married. I know two couples. First couple was in love for 3 yrs and then 2 yrs of live in. They broke. The guy wanted to get back and was requesting my help. She told me they were not physical which I never asked for. Second couple was in love for 4 yrs and 5 yrs live in relationship went uptil marriage, got their residence together, got a car etc but then broke off. I still dont know the reason. I felt they were so good together made for each other couple. As every couple they did have few fights.

BTW in both cases families knew they are on live in relationship. Both of them have told me their fights with their partners. Guys demanding the girl to get money from her parents for living expenses (as we were all students doing masters). I can conclude that it makes no difference.

4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Live in must be opted when you are all set to get into a legal relationship.

Living in with 10's of partners and throwing tantrums like "...me so unlucky, never found my soul mate yet.."..is a joke.

5. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Live in or marriage you emotionally invest a lot. Break up/divorce or more or less the same. Both involves heart break except one has more of legal issues. I would say think before you take a decision. It is definitely not a joke!

BTW when I see the updates on FB I seriously wonder if they have problems. They all seem to be happy together.

6. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

.....Very well said :clap

1 person likes this.
  7. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Agree with your views.

I am as headstrong as they come. I married the man I wanted to marry- inter-caste, inter-religion, inter- racial, inter -country :) . In addition, we did not let either of our parents spend a penny on our marriage and yet had a beautiful ceremony. So I am as unconventional as they come.

But when it comes to live-in relationships, while I don't want to judge other, it is not my cup of tea either. If I am that committed in a relationship to consider live-in, I can just as easily consider marriage.

1 person likes this.
  8. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

I believe instead of Live-in, if we change our attitude and people's attitude around us that would be more beneficial.

I have seen many cases where DILs are being exploit because they remain mum and dont come forward for right things. Their wrong tolerance has raised expectations of DH as well ILs. Initially most of ILs try to control their DIL and try to make circumstances that she just follows their orders but at times, it depends upon DIL on where to put a brake.

Also, if we cannot change our ILs attitude, we can atleast guide our parents not to behave similar ways to their DIL. We can try to convince DH on whats right and whats wrong.

Why we stop living our own lives instead our mind remain occupied with IL issues always. Why we don't stand for our own rights, own independence. If now a days women are working equally with men, they have equal right to enjoy their life and have a lovely life. Once we need to learn to make efforts towards this, we need to fight for this and make ILs realize this fact.