1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage make over products list

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by LakshmiMohan, Jun 29, 2010.

1. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thank you so much for the wishes.

The problem is my skin is very sensitive.Thats why I thought getting a makeup kit of my own.Also I want to ask so many before buying a thing of my own.Anyways beautician is there for my marriage.My parents booked her one month back.I cant go on blindly to all the products that they will be using because after marriage skin will be damaged.Thats why thinking and asking so much.I will test that olive oil tip this week.

The hairstyle ans saree tips are nice.Thanks

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your marriage.

Others have given useful tips. I would like to add few which you might want to consider if you like.

Keep a hair dryer and a Hair Iron with you if you.

I think after few customs you have to take bath early in the morning and sit for another rituatl. i have seen many brides in the pics with wet hair which would look very bushy. So a Hair dryer would do a good job.

Use hair iron to keep you hair straight which looks gooood. Dont worry abt hair iron spoiling your hair... you would not do it all the time. just once in a while is good. You can do the hair ironing yourself, just check out how to do it in youtube vidoes.

Buy a hair set spray also. Not only during the reception / muhurtham should you look great but also other times during he wedding when beautician is not there you wd want your hair to look good.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  3. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Nice tips Kadambari,Thanks

4. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Hai Lakshmi,
    Have you bought a compact powder??Which brand you are using??

5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Didnt bought yet.Ami suggestion is Revlon Colorstay.On Aug 2nd I will getting most of these products

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Parvathy as Lakshmi said I suggested revlon colorstay because it did good for me:) But try to do a review of products too. Ever changing world is that of cosmetics and in this 1.5years there might have been changes in compact world too.

7. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Ami,
    I bought Maybeline compact powder(Natural) recently and started applying on my face for the last 2 weeks.

But now a days I am getting pimples.I am trying to find out the root cause..My periods are nearer too... :hide: :hide:,that might be a reason but still....... :spin :spinOne of my frnd told me it might be because of using compact powder as this is the 1st time I am using it.

Have any idea that Compact powder has any side effect???

8. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Ami this weekend I am planning to apply egg white for hair... :banana:banana
    But how to get rid off that foul smell ????:hide: Any idea??have you ever tried this??

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Parvathy, do you ususally get pimples prior to your periods? If so compact powder might not be the reason. But what your friend said is also to be considered. Some times great products doesnt suit me because I get pimples using them. So do one thing,after your periods dont use compact for a few days say 1/2weeks and check whether you are still getting pimples....if you are not then obviously compact powder is the reason else you can continue using it. (After periods coz it will help you understand whether the pimples is a PMS).

I wash my hair with egg white too, just egg white. Remove the yolk so it wont give you that horrible smell. That is my experience.

10. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

My skin is also very sensitive and cos of which i avoid all cosmetic products. I hope before marriage i dont get any problem with the skin. I get pimples very often and my skin is oily also. Any suggestions on this. I dont have dandruff