1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Counselling

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sihi, Nov 13, 2007.

1. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I have seen several advises from ladies about counselling. But for many of us, we might not know which agency to approach..especially for people staying in US, we don't know if we can goto a american counsellor or Indian one. How good will an american cousellor understand the Indian mentallity and such questions?

Could you all please list the counselling agencies that you are familiar with and been helped by, so we all can take use of it.

Regards,
    Sihi

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sihi,
    For marriage counselling, you might have to take a reference from your Primary care. They would be called as Family counsellors.
    I think is not a problem with Americal cousellor or Indian Cousellor because now a days all these doctors are supposed to take a training about different cultures and background.

Hope this might help you.

~Punitha

3. Mallika29

Mallika29 New IL'ite

Hi Sihi ,

It really doesn't matter whether it's an american or indian counsellor . I feel sometimes american counsellors are better . I've seen it in my friend's case . She had seen 2 Indian counsellors ,one in India and one in the middle east but It didn't help her atall . Atlast they went to an american counsellor and it's really working . They're much happier and most of their problems are solved . They've become more loving and caring to each other .
    Since there're lot of Indians there , the americans should be aware of the Indian culture to some extent . Why don't one of u'll do some enquiry on this and post it in the IL as to which consellor they should go to ? It might help ladies like cmit . If needed , they might give her the courage to walk out of the marriage . It's just my opinion .

Rgrds,
    Mallika