Marketing/selling options for handmade jewellery

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Shems, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Shems

Shems Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    I started a home based handmade jewellery business. I am from Trivandrum,kerala. I would like to know the marketing/selling options for my jewellery. I do have an FB page, but would like to know other options as well.

Thanks,
    Shems

2. jass347

jass347 Bronze IL'ite

hi friends..
    could u suggest how to market hand made jewellery...

3. priya191

priya191 Junior IL'ite

Hi Shems,

Prepare the catalogue by taking the photographs of the design made. Through internet you can find the list of stores available in your area.. approach the stores and show them the catalogue...

References will work so better try within your friends and known circle first...

4. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

First design your catalogue and create your web site this will boost your business. for designing pl. take picture and give some right-up of your product send the details to me i will help you to design your catalogue.

good luck .

1 person likes this.
  5. ramya0809

ramya0809 New IL'ite

There are many ways to market your jewelry.

1. You can sell your jewelry at local fancy stores. Some times if the store owner rejects to buy, you can always ask him to pay once the item is sold. You go after a week and see if the items are stores, you can collect money. But try this method with only well-known people or give them less units such as 4-5 as samples.
    2. you can design a website and sell them . But you need to have a very good photos of your items and need to give out detail description
    3. If you cannot afford a website immediately, you can start an EBay store, this wont cost you a penny and you can pay them for each sale. If you are a newbie, this is the perfect option for you. You can also sell at an auction price. If you dont know anything about Ebay, PM me. I will help you with that.
    4. There is an app in facebook which allows you to create a store in facebook page itself. So you can directly sell it on facebook. But you need lot or promotion for the same. You can always invite your friends to check out your page and take suggestions from them.
    5. Also as sumarathi said, you design a beautiful catalogue and show the same to store owners in a mall and sell them for a discounted price.

1 person likes this.
  6. abriannerossi

abriannerossi New IL'ite

You can try other social platforms for your website (e.g. Twitter,Pinterest,Instagram). It’s better to have several different avenues. I know a company that will help you with that – visit the Grow Digital Services website: Online Marketing - Grow Digital Services or call them here: 04 456 0220 and ask for Laura Pardoe