Markazhi - month of kolams

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Dec 16, 2006.

1. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Your words are always soothing...

Yes Chitra with you around I should not feel homesick. Thanks for your words of late I am homesick. In fact M and I were just talking about visiting you while in Chennai. Hope it it more than virtual screen visits.
    Love,

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    a very timely post on kolams.....like the others have said, will be able to try out new varieties...that too the simple ones , even Roshini can try out now. I cannot do it early morning on my doorstep....:cry: ...so will attempt them on a plate or manai, maybe in the pooja room.
    thanks for evoking some more interest in our fast forgetting traditions!

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sudha !

My very idea is to kindle interest in out fast forgotten traditions. It is the duty of us elders, to follow our system of human value - joining the dots in a "pulli kolam" only signifies the ups & downs, that is, the various situations in life.
    Yes, though not practically feasible outside in the morning where you live, do try it on a " manai" in the puja room.
    Thankyou for the F B, Sudha.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

nice collections

My dear Chithra

I just now saw this new thread for kolams. I cannot thank u enough for all the efforts u r taking for us Ilites. As u had mentioned 2dots and 3dots kolams r even useful for beginers. Pl keep up for ur good work.

Love and regards
    priya

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot for those kollams. i always put small ones like these in front of my apartment.there is hardly any space in front and these small ones look pretty.i have a;lready noted all your kollams into account. we also light 2 lamps in the morning and keep it near the doorstop. it is supposed to be very auspicious.for karthigai it is evening and for marghazai it is morning time to place the lamps.i have been reciting thruppavai since the age of 12 in this month and i make it a point to make atleast a cup of venn pongal. on the 27th day of marghzai i make sakkarai pongal and curd rice on the 28th day.i look forward to this month music and religion.this month gives me lot of peace and happiness. with divinity and that pleasant nip in the air.

6. Chitvish

My dear Priya !

Thankyou for your F B.
    Tiny kolams can be fitted into even a very small puja table - that is why I specially sent them. Today, I am posting 5-5 dot kolams as well.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Kanaka !

It is nice to read your Markazi routine.
    I have stopped making venpongal on all days, since invariably I am tempted to eat the same ! It is my great favourite !
    Yes, Koodarai vellu seer Govinda is Sakkaraipongal day.
    Yes, I too keep 2 lights in the mornings in Markazi, said to be very auspicious.
    Thankyou for your post.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Five to Five kolams.

ஐந்துக்கு ஐந்து புள்ளி நேர்ப் புள்ளி.
    அன்புடன்,
    சித்ரா.

Attached Files:

9. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

kolagala kolangal..

Dear Chitra
    I saw your '"kola thiruvizha" Just now and I am overwhelmed.:clap .The interest and efforts you have taken to present the kolams from various sources shows what a enthusiastic person you are.. brimming with life & positive energy :) You inspire everybody.Hats off to you :-D :thumbsup

Regards
    Sowmya

10. Chitvish

Your words are "honey" to me !

Dear Sowmya,
    I just enjoy doing all this - all for your benefit, madam !!
    Thankyou for the nice words.
    Love,
    Chithra.