marginal placenta seperation during 12 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Preethirathina, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Preethirathina

Preethirathina New IL'ite

hi, i had severe bleeding but no pain and came to doc...doc's scan says i have thin placenta seperation...80% placenta is normal..and i am admitted to hospital... Have any one experienced this...is there any prob for my little one?

2. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Very sorry I don't know about that placenta separation...I had placenta previa at my 6th month to end.. but i want to say onething.. BE BOLD AND THINK POSTIVELY.. DONT WORRY... TAKE REST COMPLETLY...I PRAY FOR U AND UR KID..

1 person likes this.
  3. mouni123

mouni123 New IL'ite

hi preethi.
    i am 11weeks pregnant now.. i had same situation, doc said partial placenta separation..
    pls tell me about ur progress..

4. Preethirathina

Hi...

i am now 26 weeks... i was hospitalised for one week later on i was on complete rest for 3 months... i was not asked to speak loudly, laugh, walk.....doc gav me progestrone tablets for in take and vaginal purpose also....now i am back to normal and i am walking for 10 mins in morninig and evening.... but one thing is i hav put on lot of weight due to bed rest... i hav added 16 kgs as of now...

Dont worry... be confident... keep praying... and max be on rest...

5. aashalini

aashalini New IL'ite

Hi swty,

Dont worry at all. Im now 32 weeks pregnant and suffered from the same problem around 6th/8th week. I too was admitted in the hospital and thereafter put on strict bedrest for about 3 weeks and progestrone injections. Thankfully with adequate rest bleeding stopped and things were fine. Just do as advised by your doctor. Things will be fine soon. Dont move even in the house except to the minimal. Be happy and keep praying to God.

6. mouni123

mouni123 New IL'ite

hi preethi..
    thnks for the reply, i dont have heavy bleeding, light spotting only.. yesterday i had small clot, i went to doc, she did ultrasound.. she said my placental separation is going to dilate, it means i have chances for the abortion.. but wait for 2 weeks she said, after that if it is still dilated, she is going to stiches the uterus.. even she is not give gurantee for this.. now i am on complete bed rest.. not in hospital, i have one kid so that i dont want to admit in hospital..
    i am praying god everday.. pls give moral support..

7. mouni123

mouni123 New IL'ite

hi preethi and aashalini..
    pls share ur experience about this placental separation..
    i am really worried about this.. i want my baby, hope everything will be fine..

8. mouni123

mouni123 New IL'ite

pls give me ur response.. dont be silent, i really need ur hepl..

9. Preethirathina

Hi Mouni..i am now 28 weeks... u dont have to worry at all.... u told u hav mild bleeding only....but i had severe bleeding... take complete best till hthe clots come out completely... it will take time may be 4 to 6 weeks....as aashalini told it will be fine... but check with doc wats ur position.. how much has it seperated... mine was 20% seperation and 80% was fine and baby was good and active at that time...my doc gave me positive energy and told me to pray and keep thinking positive...After all clot came out my cervix length got reduced and my doc told same thing as ur doc told to stitch the uterus if my cervix length is not improved after 2 weeks rest... so again i went on bed rest...with progestrone tablets intake and vaginal tablet my cervical length also improved... thereafter i am fine... but gained weight....Actually wen the uterus contracts to push clot out (the action followed is as it is for delivery) so the length reduces... hence if uterus is stitched, premature baby can be avoided in later period otherwise u may hav to deliver early if uterus is weak...so go as ur doc advise... r u taking progestrone tablets...? that is most important... i am still taking this tablet..Dont get panic... be positive and think positive... listen to mild songs and gharbha rakshambigai songs.. keep praying wen ever u find time... all will be fine soon...

10. mouni123

mouni123 New IL'ite

hi preethi
    thanks for thr reply..
    doc told me my separation is 2.8cm.. she said it is partial separation.. i am taking projestrone tablets..
    one thing i have to ask.. do you still see bleeding ocassionally or it is completly stopped..?
    mine is whenever i went to pee i see a light pink color r brown coming when i wipe with tissue..
    tomorrow i am planning to go to doc appointment.. let see what happens..
    ur replies gave me more relief.. keep posting preethi..