1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Margazhi Maha Utsavam is here :-)

Discussion in 'TV' started by peartree, Dec 2, 2010.

1. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Yay! PT's here! Now we can chew up the artists! Yup, Unni was terrible. He was bad last year too. Ranjani Gayathri were awesome. They are so dependable. I was surprised with Ganesh, Kumaresh - they were pretty good. Thier rendering of Antolika was superb. Aruna was good. She talks well too. I have not heard all of the concerts since I was busy during the holidays and got sick as well. However, it is sitting in my DVR and so I will slowly start watching them all now. Vishaka Hari was hurried and Harried (pun intended) though I love kathakalakshepam of any calibre just because I love listening to stories.

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

It's back!!

Just saw the promos this morning!

Carnatic Music Idol is back!! The auditions are going to be on the 26th Jan. Wonder when the telecast will start. I am soooooooo excited. Hope the standard is as good as the last time or even better this time around.

So the conditions for participation are as follows -

1) Must be within 15-25 years of age
    2) Must have formal training in Carnatic Music
    3) Must be able to sing at a performing artiste level
    4) Must know the concepts of Manodharmam (Ragam, Neraval, Swaram)

Wonder if the runners-up from the previous season will be allowed to participate this time! Would love to see little Abhilash sing again :thumbsup

3. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Re: It's back!!

Awesome! Must put it on DVR auto record. I would so love to see if Abhilash has gotten any taller!

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Is anyone watching it this time? I think the standard is so much better this time around. In the current rounds itself, the participants are being grilled quite a bit.

Vishnu Dev, the Malayalee was awesome with the Kanada varnam swarams. I wonder how much dedication and practice he would have had to so spontaneously create swarams like that for a varnam, having to stick to a format. And his Saveri was just so beautiful. All the judges were very appreciative.

5. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Friends

we can watch live concert in isailive.dinamalar.com all the programs of madras music season. Enjoy !!!!!!!!