1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Margazhi Maha Utsavam is here :-)

Discussion in 'TV' started by peartree, Dec 2, 2010.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Spidey... there are always some good souls who would upload MMU videos on youtube :)

For others, who are waiting, just reminding that the concerts will begin to be aired on Jaya TV from the 15th. Hopefully, we'll have more to talk about after we start watching the concerts :)

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

PT, do you know exactly what time they will air the concerts since I have not seen any trailers for it yet?

3. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Music lovers
    I am also waiting for this MMU.
    Dear PT, DNM and Malls
    thanks for starting this thread.
    kantha

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Wow Wow, Dear Peartree!!! I was just looking for such a thread and you are there!!!

As the past two years, this year also I have to be satisfied with Jaya TV telecast. I do not even have a TV and watch is in Youtube!!! Last year I dreamt that this yeas I'll be able to make it in Chennai. But [​IMG]

I would like to attend Sudha Raghunathan, S Soymya, Neyveli Shantanagopalan, E Gayathry and Shashank's concerts.

The blessed souls out there, please share your live experiences :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear All,
    I have got the tickets for Parthasatahi Swami Sabha.
    This year I want to attend Ranjani Gayathri.
    Definitely attending in Sabhas is really really great!
    Love this music season.

Love thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

DNM

I have not seen the promos either!! Wonder why. In any case the information that they will be telecast 15th onwards is only from that website.

Kantha and Kalyani.... when I was in India, I used to be sabha-hopping. But since the last couple of years, haven't had the luxury to do that :-( Last year, I was lucky to be in India during December but could not attend too many concerts because of a wedding in the family :-( But still, just being in Mylapore, watching other go to kutcherys in Margazhi is a treat in itself :bowdown

savvyheal... I like Ranjani/Gayathri a lot, especially their abhangs are a treat :) Parthasarathy Swami Sabha... Vidya Bharati Kalyana Mandapam...wow! I was in India last year during season and I attended Sanjay's concert there. He sang a beautiful pallavi in Sumanesa Ranjini. I remember being so overwhelmed and sobbing 1/2 way through the pallavi.

7. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Good one preartree..thanks for the information.i'm a regular viewer of Margazhi maga ustavam..going to watch this season too..its very nice to hear those songs in Dec chill....Dec and songs are made for each other..:cheers

8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy.. I saw the promos!!! Finally!!!!!

It is at 6 PM CST starting tomorrow. I think the first concert is either Nityashree (not very fond of her) or Abhishek Raghuram (I love him, so much that I was hearing his CD while being induced in the hospital room!!) or Malladi Brothers ( I like them a lot too)

:cheers:cheers:cheers

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  9. UmaVythianathan

UmaVythianathan Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the info Peartree,

I am planning to go for a few concerts this Dec. season. Till my wedding in 1999, I had heard a lot of concerts, especially, when Sowmya, Bombay Jayshree, Unnikrishnan were all budding artistes. I couldn't devote time for attending concerts once I got married. This year, seeing the ads as well as kutchery schedules, I have made up my mind, to go to the afternoon concerts when my kids are at school. They want to go for the Heart Ensemble concert which is thematic and promoted by Dr. Ghatam S. Karthick, Poongulam Subramanian, Embar S. Kannan, Keyboard Sathyanarayana.

10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Uma

Yes!! You should go to the afternoon concerts. I think many of these artistes that perform in the afternoon have very good vidwat, but sadly they don't draw the kind of crowd that evening performers do.

And I remember those times when BJ, Unni, Soumya et al were performing at the 3'o clock slots. My dad and I used to attend those at Mylapore Fine Arts, then go to the canteen for keerai vadai and coffee and then go back outside to wait to be let in for the 6'o clock, ticketed concerts! The scouts then used to come and distribute the kutchery buzz papers which we read while waiting for the concerts to begin. Those were good times. It's great that your LOs are interested in attending as well :)

Ghatam Karthik's Heart Ensemble was performed here in Austin, I think about 2 years back. They were pretty good. It was only Embar Kannan though, no keyboard. (BTW... I find Embar Kannan too cute!! :thumbsup )