March 2018 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by jasmine25, Oct 23, 2017.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    It has been a real long time that I posted in IL, the only reason being my son kept me running on my toes.. I want to share the good news with you all that am five months preggywith my second one My due date is last week of March and would like to continue my journey here.. any one under march due date? Please let's share our updates and make this journey a pleasant one :)
    Thank you,
    Jas

2. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Congratulations jasmine. Happy pregnancy.

jasmine25 likes this.
  3. Grace09

Grace09 Senior IL'ite

Hi @jasmine25, i too am pregnant with my first baby! So excited. My due date is second week of March. I am happy to have found a place to connect with mommies to be. One problem I am facing at this stage of pregnancy is almost daily headaches. Is there anyone else going through this.

jasmine25 likes this.
  4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Congrats grace .. U have headaches ? I don't have any such pain.. Am feeling tired..takecare and I know as this is your first pregnancy you must be excited :)

5. Vidhu6787

Vidhu6787 New IL'ite

Hi @jasmine25, I am pregnant too with my first baby! Cant wait to see her. I am in my 8th month and my due date is on march 31st.
    during my last week us my doc said my baby looks skinny.Her weight and height is normal. Any suggestions on what needs to be done and not sure what they refer to the name " Skinny". I live in California.
    I have also heard from few people that the us measurements are just an approximate count/percentage.

Any suggestions please

6. Grace09

Grace09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidhu, plz don' worry, the ultra sound is not very reliable and also know that there is lot of subjective interpretation, like in ur case "skinny baby" despite normal height / weight measurements, especially when native American/ Latin babies / fetus can be heavier due to calorie intense diet of mothers. Always remember that the weight measurements is not as important as completing the full term of 38-40 weeks, so ur baby may be small but will be fully developed rather than a heavier pre-mature baby. If you are still concerned, the best solution is to increase protein intake - such as protein shake or two hard boiled eggs / 2 egg omeette daily... target intake of 40 - 60 grams of protein and ultrasound measurements will improve within 2 weeks. Good luck. I am sure before you and will keep this forum updated.
    Also don't forget hydration, lots of water, and juicy fruits such as orange and grapes. PM me if u would l8ke to talk more. Hugs & blessings

7. Vidhu6787

Vidhu6787 New IL'ite

Hi Jasmine, Thank you so much. your words were so comforting for me:) and brought lot of positiveness by reading your message. Thanks a lot:)
    I had my checkup last week and doc said the growth has improved much better. And also she said i need more fluid. I am drinking 3 liters of water everyday. but still she say i am Low normal range in my fluid and baby head is positioned up she has to flip to head position down before 36 weeks. Is it because my fluid is low that she is not flipping?

8. Grace09

Grace09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidhu,

3 liters of water is enough per day, may be you should try to have more liquid diet, more daal / sambhar, more watery fruits, drink water slowly... as in pace it, if we consume too much water in short time, it all gets passed out of body without getting absorbed, so if you pace the water consumption and make it part of the food it may make difference.

For flipping the baby, walking is the best, especially if you can have some uphill walking / stair climbing / treadmill walking with some incline. Also ensure that when you sit, you do not lean back, as in do not go more than 90 degree... so try to keep your back straight. If Ultrasound around 36/37 week still shows baby head up, doctors can do a external procedure called external Cephalic version (ECV), this is done by putting pressure on your stomach in specific way that forces baby to move and flip, it has about 60% success rate. However even when baby do get head down after the procedure, some babies are know to come back heads up! But also it has been know that babies who are heads by flip around and go heads down right in the middle of labor contractions and vice versa, so this is bit of a gamble really.

9. Vidhu6787

Vidhu6787 New IL'ite

Hi Jasmine,
    Sorry for late post. I am blessed with Baby Girl on March 26. It was a C-sec , at last minute she flipped her head top so they had to do C-sec. Me and baby are doing well. How are you doing? How is you baby? Which date he/she was born?