March 2014 Due Date Club :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by april1981, Jul 15, 2013.

1. niveditakumar

niveditakumar Senior IL'ite

Hi mommies

I am sure everyone is damn busy with their darlings LO. Hope they are in best if their health.

Post delivery I am experiencing occasional numbness n tingling in legs and hands when little pressure is put on them. I am not sure it's normal or is it related to epidural .

anyone else experiencing same

regards
    nivs

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

Is papaya safe during breast feeding? Can it be taken daily?
    Please let me know.

3. AnithaPartha

Hi Ladies,

I'm experiencing right side hip pain (only right) when I walk for more than 10 mins. I checked with nurse and dr and they say it could be due to pushing and not related to epidural. I had a hard time pushing my baby (2hrs) and is anyone experiencing such hip pain alone?

Luckily, no back ache till now just the one side hip ache while I walk.

4. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

March mommies. How are you all ?
    Seems all r busy with Los

pls share your schedule whenever you are free.

5. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi shruti....u and I are the only people active here. Every one pls come and share updates. Lets keep this thread active. Shruti...how is your lo doing?

6. shrutimanjunath

Hey April advance birthday wishes.
    He's doing great but he's very restless. Yesterday we went to sai temple. I had prayed that il come along with my son to sai temple. And my son was so so restless I had a tough time. And also all other people looked at him and he kept on crying at high pitch.
    He was very tired And as soon as he came back in the car started smiling. Don't know what bothered him in the temple. How's your lo doing? What have u named him.

congrats on his completion on one month this 11th.

Pls ils share your schedule.

My schedule: wake up by 8.30 as my lo wakes up generally at this time. After that I feed him and get fresh and dh prepares tea for us. I have tea with cereals or bread and hubby takes care of baby until then after that dh leaves to office and I take care of baby whole day feeding burping diapering sessions. He s very restless and doesn't close his eyelid even if he's damn sleepy. Rarely he sleeps like a newborn in the day time. We tour our house from one room to another. And I keep talking to him. For the noon my hubby returns for lunch. And all we eat since his birth is dal sambhar with greens and rice.
    He holds the lo while I prepare sambhar and finish my lunch and then get control of lo and he has his lunch and leaves to office and returns by evening.

Once ve he returns we prepare tea and have tea with bread or granola bars.
    Then we massage him and give a bath. Then after that he gets swaddled and tries to sleep.

After that I wash dishes and cook remaining stuff. N take bath. It's 8.30 or 9 in night.
    We have dinner while lo sleeps. And go to bed after feeding lo at 11 pm. In between lo wakes up twice thrice for feeds or we wake him up. This is the routine happening.
    We don't go out much as he gets restless and I don't feel confident on myself when he cries.

7. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

April, I don't have any schedule since lo..
    He keeps me awake at night so due to lack of sleep all i do during the day is to find some time when I could sleep..
    but most of the day I getup around 11 call mom by 12 my DH comes for lunch we have lunch he leaves and i take care care of LO have tea If I get chance I massage him and bathe him till 5approx...by 6 30 DH comes and then I start cooking and have dinner around 8 30..

8. shrutimanjunath

Hi rainbo are you able to manage work leaving your little one. ? For me I have to stay with him all the time or else he gets restless ur mil left?

9. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shruti

Doing good.. how are you and how is your LO?

My LO sleeps nicely in the day and very active in the night.. I cannot sleep in the day and when I want to sleep badly in the night, he wakes up and wants someone to keep him in the lap.. so nights are hectic but mom is there to help me.. I hardly sleep 4 or 5 hrs in a day..

During day, I help my mom in cooking .. apart from that my schedule is around feeding, burping session, changing nappies, cleaning, dressing , singing lullabies :) same routine for last 7 weeks

1 person likes this.
  10. AnithaPartha

Hi Ladies,

Good to hear your updates. So most of the LO's troubling mama becoming active in the nights ah :)

My schedule:
    Just today my LO is completing 2 weeks. We're feeding him every 3 hrs once. Here is what we're doing:

My dad takes care of his 6 am feed and mom takes care of 9 am feed. Again, dad takes care of 12 pm feed. I take care of LO's 3pm / 6pm / 9pm / 12 am/ 3am feeds. Apart from feeding sessions, I pump every 4 hrs once and started saving my EBM (Expressed BM) in the freezer. I pump and sleep around 4 or 5 am in the morning and wake up around 10 am to pump then again sleep and wake up at 1 pm. Once I wake up, I drink cup of milk, take bath and will have lunch and start feeding cycles. I pump in between. Also, I have to give attention to my elder one else he gets sad. Story telling, play time with him. Also, hubby requested me to feed my elder one (dinner)..

I enjoy my night shifts. If I sleep it's hard for me to get up in the middle of night so I stay awake all the night. I'm almost living in Indian timings :)

week1 was piece of cake. LO drinks milk, sleeps.. Week 2 he became naughty :) someone has to hold him ( we try to avoid this).. Today after 9pm feed he didn't sleep till 1.30 am :( I had tough time managing 2 kids. Hubby went on a project so can't help us.

I try to fill my appraisals in night time, listen to songs, it is 'me' time for me :)

i think ink it takes 2 months to reduce 3 hrs feed. It would be really great if there is no 3 am feed.. After 12 feed, if LO sleeps till 6am it will be great .. Let's see when that phase comes..

Take care ladies..