Mar 2013 to be moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by PregyBlessed, Jul 14, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi

For me there is no smelling. Is it good to drink tender coconut daily?? My father told that should not drink daily. I will confirm with my doctor when i meet her. And please share your opinions about this. I used to drink tender coconut in empty stomach in morning but one of my relation and i read in magazine that if we drink with empty stomach it will create a problems. Is it????

I will start to sleep without bra in night time. sometime i feel the weight of my breast is increased more and feel paining. yesterday after came from office massaged with hot water. Is anyone feel this??/

2. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi buvishal

My doctor told.. if it is excess discharge, you can drink daily till the discharge stops. after that you can drink once in a week. do confirm with your doctor and share here. Not sure about drinking tender coconut in empty stomach.

Please don't do hot water massage, my mom told bathing (especially you should not pour in the breast) or massaging with hot water will decrease the production of milk. yes all (mostly first timers) will feel pain because breast is growing and producing milk. Me too experiencing the same, but pain will decrease after 5th or 6th month...

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

OMG hot water massage will decrease the milk production!!! yesterday one of my friend advised this tips. i will never do this again.

Sure after i meet my doc will update the status.

4. pari419

pari419 Junior IL'ite

Suba,

Good to know that your TMT results are normal. Must be a great relief for you!!I read your ultrasound experience! I was all smiling-So cute and sweet your LO is!! :)

Thanks a lot to your parents for performing puja and offering prayers for all. My EDD is same March 10th, 2013 -both as per my LMP and two Ultrasounds as well till now. My 5th month ultrasound is scheduled on October 12th. Before that I have to go for another blood work for DS scan this week. I am in my 17th week- 16 weeks 2 days.

White discharge is a problem for me as well. I asked my doctor and she said the same that it is normal during pregnancy. If it is foul smelling and itchy- I should see her- else no problem.

For me, whenever I stand for even 15-20 minutes, I get more discharge. If I do some more household work at once, my back hurts and again more discharge. Since beginning my doctor advised me to keep my activity level less. Since this is second trimester, I sometimes feel better and inclined to do some more work. But now taking more rest only. Does anyone have this problem?

Vaidehi,

I am sure you are feeling better now. How about your TMT results? did you get it done already?

Pallu,

I have some friends and relatives- who experienced more or less vomiting throughout the pregnancy- so you are right, that's normal too. But eventually you will surely feel better dear. I am in my 17th week and I have gained around 6 pounds till now. I don't have midwife here in my state. I directly see OBGYN. Good to know that all your results are normal. Take lots of care of yourself.

I am sure all the ladies here must be keeping well. Take care all of you.

Thanks
    Pari

5. pari419

pari419 Junior IL'ite

Dear chandy,

Welcome to the club and congratulations!!

Dear, my heart goes out for you. I also had to go through GTT in my 14th week. I also have family history of diabetes. My A1c was elevated in my first blood work so doctor made me do GTT. Fortunately, I passed 3 hour one. But my doctor still thinks, I may have problem metabolizing sugar so advised me to watch my diet. I have to go thorough this test again between 24 and 28 weeks.

As far as I know, in pregnancy, fasting sugar should be below 95 in order to be normal so I don't know why it has to be below 90. May be your doctor wants to be more careful since your family history and weight.

I met a dietician here. She advised me not to eat lots of carbs at once. If i want to eat fruit, I should eat it with some protein like cheese, yogurt etc. Same is with the carbs- have some protein with the carbs. Have dinner early and then at night, if I am hungry, have some protein as a snack before going to sleep. Try to eat at regular interval and if possible at the same time everyday. Instead of 3 large meals, eat 6 times a day- 3 meals and 3 snacks. Protein is a must in every meal and portions are the key when I want to eat Carbs and carbs should never go without protein. Lots of green veggies and salads everyday as high fiber foods help keep blood sugar under control. Less sweets/desserts or no sweets if I can atleast during pregnancy. I almost dont eat sweets. For eating carbs, choose whole grain. Anything made with white flour is not good. Fresh home made food is the key in controlling blood sugar. Good Fats are also a must in our diet. Fat keeps us feel satisfied after eating.

This-I think is a Healthy diet plan for anyone-not only for diabetics.

I am a vegetarian ( do eat eggs sometimes)- so don't eat meat. But if you are, there are many options when it comes to protein. Also, Eggs are very good in keeping fasting blood sugar under control as per my experience. I have observed that whenever I eat eggs for dinner, my fasting goes down further. Tofu and paneer/cottage cheese are good source of vegetarian protein. Cheeses like cheddar, mozzarella, ricotta also have high amount of protein. I do check blood sugar at home twice/thrice a week to keep an eye on it.

Dear,You already must be knowing all these and doing all whatever you can. I wasn't sure whether you have met dietician or not but since I have, I thought these may be of some help to you.

Most of the doctor's still don't believe in prescribing pills for diabetes during pregnancy as they think that they are not well studied for pregnancy. So insulin is the safest option during pregnancy and has long been used for pregnant ladies as per the doctors.

Take Lots of care of yourself. Have a Happy and healthy pregnancy.

-Pari

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  6. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi pari

I am in great relief after knowing the results. I also called my doctor.. he also told the same as your doctor told.

Hi friends.
    Hi friends

as i told earlier My parents are going to perform pooja for lord muruga, navaneetha krishna, sarpa pooja, ganapathi homa, sudharshana homa, and also will pray for lalithambika (as garbarakshambiga).. will include all of you in that prayers. next month on Ayilyam star day. for TTC and pregnant ladies. Date is fixed on October 11th...

7. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My hair is falling more and ,ore . now its became as very thin. I am taking fruits, green veggies, spanish regualrly Then why hair is falling? Last time i asked my docotor she said dont concentrate on external part. but what could be the reason for this. Is anybody feel this????

My Diet is:
    7-8 - breakfast (dosai/idly/upma/pongal)
    8.30-9 - goosberry/tender coconut
    10-11 - pomo/apple/grapes/muskmelon
    12-1- small quantity of rice with green veggies
    4-5 - if i feel more hungry will have dosai/idly
    8-9 - rice/dosai/aappam

Will take water more.... Whether this diet is fine? If anything i needs to add more here. I used to eat dates but my MIL told that dates will change the baby skin color as dark.. Is it true??? (But i am taking twice in a week)

8. Pallu19

Pallu19 New IL'ite

Hi Pari, How r u doing? i wonder how due date changes for other members in this forum, for me its on march 3rd and its same from my day one. How abt u have ur due date been changed by doc before? My doc didn't seclude any Ultrasound in my last prenatal visit(that's on 17th week) Ultrasound only be on my next month(20th week) is this procedure same n ur state? im thinking of taking prenatal yoga class...do u have any idea? it looks white discharge is a common symptom during second trimester of pregnancy...im also feeling little wet nowadays especially when i sneeze/cough...thats y im thinking of kegel exercise...but it was happen to be very dry before. I am using bio-oil for stretch marks how abt u started using?? It's better to elevate/rest your legs when sitting for longtime.tc.

Hi vaidehi, I hope u r doing good.. for me weight gain s the major concern...it looks normal weight gain for 2nd trimester should be at least somewhere between 5-10 lbs(~5kg). This week i slowly started to feel tiny baby kicks and rolling movements which makes little discomfort but not much..how abt u vaidehi?

Hi suba, thanks! for including us in ur pooja and i hope u r doing good. Good to hear abt ur scan that ur baby started sucking his/her thumb :) I know its a great feeling :))...it looks white discharge is a common symptom during second trimester of pregnancy so again no need to worry abt it...if u feel pain/itchy check with ur doc for yest infection...otherwise no probs. tc.

Hi chandy, Welcome to the club and congrats on your pregnancy!! one of my friend here shes n her 20th week now having gestational diabetics and it looks completely normal to have gestational diabetics during pregnancy and it will vanishes after ur delivery. tc.

Hi Buvi, I hope u r doing good. Hair fall and breast tenderness s common during pregnancy so no need to worry abt it even im feeling slightly bigger now and im going for bigger sizes and you can even able to see green veins clearly now near ur nipple area..its totally fine. Your food menu looks great! tc.

Common tip: Try to sleep on ur sides not on ur back to avoid lower back pain.

Hi other mommies!! i hope u are all doing good. Stay happy and healthy!!!

~Pallu.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  9. Gigikit

Gigikit New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    A very recommended book written by the famous French nutritionist Pierre Duncan. Basically, this book which you get from Amazon, it is here to guide you and tell what you should eat during your diet. Check this link to find out : http://tinyurl.com/c66l7wh :bowdown

10. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Buvi,
    Even I didn't know about hot water massage. Thanks for the tip. And tender coconut is good. My sister had it everyday throughout her pregnancy. And even though she was leaking water for 3 days, she had a normal delivery within 2-3 hours after induction. Her daughter's skin is so shiny, soft wasn't wrinkled or dry like some new born babies.
    Hi Pari,
    I'm good Thanks. I did not have TMT my doctor didn't advise. I'm going to meet nutritionist tomorrow.
    Hi Pallu,
    My radiologist changed the date based on baby's growth. But they say its +-5 days.
    I haven't felt any movements yet apart from the flutters when i'm lying still. I've been feeling them since week 11. My doctor said the weight loss is not a concern for few more days. Anyways I started a bit over the ideal weight so no worries. Hope you have a healthy weight gain.
    For stretch marks i'm using Santulan's Rose beauty oil (Balaji Tambe's)
    I'm having some warm water in morning as I have morning cold always. Then milk with Shatavari, almonds and raisins (though i don't like soaked ones) a fruit, lunch, evening again some cookies with juice, tea, dinner and lots of water throughout. I'm not good with small frequent portions as I can't eat that frequently even if I eat less. Still trying.
    Take care,
    Vaidehi