1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Manuel And The Music Of The Mountains

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I hope I am not flooding you but I have so much to share with you!
    Geoffrey Love (4 September 1917 – 8 July 1991), known as Geoff Love, was a prolific British arranger and composer of easy listening and pop versions of film themes. He became famous in the late 1950s, playing under the pseudonym of Manuel and The Music of The Mountains. I started listening to him from the late 1950s and I was in love with both his pseudonym and his style of music. I am sure you will love his style of orchestration. Shall we listen to his music then?

Stardust from the album Magic Fountains produced in late 60s.

Sleepy Lagoon from the album "The Sun, The Sea And The Sky", released in 1972.

La Vie En Rose from the album "Exotica", in 1965.

The Breeze and I from the album "Mountain Carnival", in 1961.

Island in the Sun "The Sun, The Sea And The Sky", released in 1972.
    The enchanting Manuel for you!

Rihana likes this.

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Nice collections of music compositions you have presented here. Mountains are silent, rock hard, but Manual’s music is like a gurgling river stream, soft, soothing and calm. Enjoyed the entire collection.

Agatha83

Cheeniya likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    Nice to see that there is a kindred soul here! @Rihana 's Like and your feedback are enough to keep me going :blush:
    I'll share with you all my listening experience from time to time.
    Sri

Rihana likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya, I've been listening to all the selections you have posted in the past few weeks. Manuel and The Music of The Mountains, Henry Mancini, Franck Pourcel, Mantovani ... I have IL open in one tab with your music threads and work in the other tabs. Mostly not logged in to IL in hopes of productivity : ) so I forget to click Like or post in thread. My listening and appreciation of music have improved a lot thanks to your threads. It is the year end and I am catching up on a lot of pending personal writing. Most of that was written with the music from your selections playing. Thank you for the music.

Cheeniya likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Much Obliged, Rihana! I am so happy that you like my selection of music. The ace musician MS Subbalakshmi once said that music survived gloriously not because of the singers but because of the devotion of the listeners. As I had told @Agatha83 I will continue posting here all the music that I had listened to and immensely enjoyed over several decades. Thank you for your reassuring mail.

Rihana likes this.