Manners & Etiquette

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by JustAni, Jan 19, 2009.

1. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

These days, we are forgetting a lot of our manners - be it towards our peers or our elders, It would be nice if we had a forum wherein we would share our delimma about how we are or were to behave. :spin

I have been meaning to ask some questions with regard to etiquette in various areas, but I'm not sure where to ask them - Good Discussions, Family Relations, etc.... I didn't want to open a new thread everytime I had a doubt towards my hubby, my friends, my kid, my maid or just the shopkeeper. Rant

:idea That why I ask you to open a sub forum with regard to "MANNERISMS/ETIQUETTE"

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hey,
    you just voiced my opinion. I had been thinking about this for sometime now. Many Indians are living abroad adn they could guide about these facts of their country. Now even ILiites are meeting with many other members who live abroad. I sometimes feel that I may be intruding in some one's privacy when I ask that person something-due to the cultural differences. It would be very helpful for all.
    Malathy, do think about it.

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello JustAni / Varloo,

This is an interesting idea. Why don't you all start this discussion in the "General Discussions" sub-forum for now. Once we get to more than 25+ threads relating to the topic of Manners and Etiquette, we can then explore a separate sub-forum for this topic. Will that work? Thank you.

4. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Yes... It definately will do... let's see the respone we get! :thumbsup

5. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

HI all.. im accompanying my dh to HK for a formal award winning ceremony... im not used to these functions before.. so im afraid of the table manners followed by every1 there[​IMG]... im not used with fork & knife often... my query is - can i use my HAND instead of fork,spoon etc (if im feeling discomfort while eating) in a party function?[​IMG]... plz help me friends[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]