Mangla Gauri Vrat

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by daysnfestivals, Jul 19, 2016.

1. daysnfestivals

daysnfestivals New IL'ite

[​IMG] Mangla gauri vrat is very popular in Maharashtra, Rajasthan and U.P. This fast is observed by girls and women.
    Mangla Gauri vrat is observed on every Tuesday of shravan maas. Shrawan is favorite month of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati( Gauri). This fast is observed on Tuesday that’s why it is called Mangla Gauri Fast. Mangala Gauri Vrat is observed by only girls (The girls who willing for good husband) and women (The women for good health of their children and husband).

This year in 2016 Mangla Gauri fast will be observed on 26th July, 2nd August, 9th August and 16th August.

In this fast devotee must listen the story of Mangla Gauri Vrat Katha.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

3. Nikki09

Nikki09 New IL'ite

@daysnfestivals : I am going to start this Vrat on every Tuesday of shravan from 26th July 2016. Want to know the procedures to follow it.
    I read on websites about that this vrat for 5 years and following materials are required for fast 16 flowers, 16 fruits, 16
    betel nuts, 16 cloves,16 cumin,16 coriamder,16 makeup,16 bangles etc.
    I am totally confused. I really want to know that these 16-16 item required on udhyapan of vrat on 5 year or every week of every year. Please clear.
    Also mentioned after the story married lady gives 16 Ladoos to her mother in law & sister in law.I am in US and don't have many friend or family members here so how can do this Vrat.
    Please suggest me!!!

4. daysnfestivals

Hi Nikki09,
    I want to clear your confusion about material. In this fast, all thing which are served to goddess must be 16 in number every Tuesday of Shravan.
    Here I am giving you the link of samagri and puja vidhi video ►►.
    After watching this video your doubt will be clear. If not then I am here for you my friend.

I want to share the story of Mangla Gari Vrat ►►

5. Nikki09

Nikki09 New IL'ite

thanks you so much

6. daysnfestivals

Here I am going to share Mangala Gauri aarti in hindi that is rarely available.This aarti is in original voice without any instrument so that you can aslo sing with me an denjoy the Mangla gauri puja.
    Here is the link ►►

7. Nikki09

Nikki09 New IL'ite

I am doing Mangala gauri Vrat, Can you tell me what should be done with the parsad that is offered to gauri maa(16 ladoo, 16 fruits, 16 cardemom, 16 laung , 16 betel leaf )
    Should i eat it or should it be distributed among family?
    Thanks

8. daysnfestivals

Hi Nikki09, sorry for delay. Actually the 16 things for puja is for offering and distributing only. You have not to eat that particular prasad that is fix for puja.
    Here is the link of Mangla Gauri Aarti ►►