Mangalorean wedding

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by Ushakrishnan64, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear all,
    Two years ago, my neice got married to a Mangalorean Shetty boy. The wedding was performed in the South Indian Iyengar style. At the time of Grihapravesham, the bride's father-in-law requested to perform a small ritual, as per their tradition..

This was a very touching moment which I would like to share with you..
    The bride's father has to hand over the bride, by placing her hand on her father-in-law's hand. At this time, they were singing a typical Kannada song...excerpts as follows:
    My daughter is now your daughter..please take care of her
    I have fed her with milk, butter, curd along with my affection. now she is yours..please take care of her
    Even if she commits any mistake, please forgive her..

the song continued on these lines with all of us sobbing bitterly..

No one person could stand there with dry eyes..

Regards
    USHA

2 people like this.

2. SNShetty

SNShetty New IL'ite

Hey m new to this...But i somehow happened to read ur post wen i was going thru the forum...M really touched u knw y..cos m an mangalorean shetty n this scene is wat happened to me 6 months back... i knw its de hardest part durin the entire marriage... still wen i see the video its the same feeling :(

3. IshaniiSharma

IshaniiSharma New IL'ite

Wedding contain numerous moments like this when a person get into their past memories of either their marriage or wedding of their dear one.I appreciate your purity that you covered this moment of wedding.
    Laser Cutting Wedding Cards