Manchester - Gardening, Exchanging Skills, Volunteering, Where to get advice -

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Baarish, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Baarish

Baarish New IL'ite

Hi all :wave
    I have lived in Manchester for over 40 years and as a single parent with 'now' teenage children have been involved with schools, social and family issues, advice and support groups etc.

I am a keen gardener and grow a variety of herbs, flowering plants at home in pots. I have a number of young spruce trees also in pots which would like to give away to people who can look after them.

If you are sitting at home and doing nothing then may be you can consider volunteering, starting a group of your own or take part in exchanging plants, skills or expand your local knowledge. I am a dad with two girls based in Trafford.
    Common make a move and get involved :thumbsup

2. Baarish

Baarish New IL'ite

Good News
    My Daffodils which had bloomed before Jan. have now stretched their petals in every direction smiling at me for 3 weeks.

The end cuttings off my spring onions have rooted and been transferred to pot, celery ends are also in pots after growing roots sitting in water for a while. I propagate my veg and herbs from the bits which are usually thrown away. Will post a few pics soon :thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013