1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maname-relax Please

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi27, Jan 12, 2017.

1. swathi27

swathi27 Silver IL'ite

Everybody has their own way of rejuvenation. Some meditate and yet some get immersed in their favourite hobby and yet some sleep.

During school days we had our own ways of rejuvenation. There were some teachers who kept us attentive with their teaching and yet some gave our minds freedom to wander everywhere but the subject being taught.

This incident occurred in one such teachers class where everybody were busy in their imaginations, except for a few who were really trying hard to align their thoughts to the teachers diktat. Most of us were freespirits with just the eyes standing guard, minds were busy creating a own sweet world. For some the eyes had given up their duty and had culminated into their imagination.

This is the story of one such boy who allowed his imagination to amuse not only him but others too or He still was a novice and had yet to master the art of deception, in which we all had Phds. The reason is not of much importance as the ripples created by the spill over of his imagination with reality is the subject of our concern. Its devastating at times when imagination overflows into the reality.

It was in the mid academic year of 6th grade, we had enough time to analyse the teaching style of all the teachers . Some systematically would check our attentiveness by quizzing us and yet some empathised us, and allowed us the pleasure of the uninterrupted imagination. This was our mindful meditation exercise which we marvelled in without any guidance, wandering like free birds yet physically warming the benches giving the impression of an avid listener.

I was seated in the first bench next to prakash. Teacher on her duty best, and listeners are at the distracted best...suddenly when the teacher turns to the black board, Prakash jumps out and pulls something from thin air and handles it with closed fists and releases back in the air....and his eyes trails its exit out of the window...he does it a few more times with the only variation :gestures signalling struggles to keep the invisible being in control..and again letting it go....he does it to so animatedly and surprisingly real....we all thought he did catch something....

And then he opens his fists and pets his catch...thats when I start a marathon giggle which didn't stop even when the teacher pinched me hard with the pen-that was her trademark punishment- for disrupting the attentive class.

Now for some stastics....Since first and second benchers I.e.10 kids witnessed this feat...why did only I giggle.... as I was next to him ( I had full trust of my eyesight) and I had the privilege of closely inspecting the creature at hand.....

Ever since I became mom, Prakash's action comes very handy to keep my kids entertained.

Deepu04, PavithraS and kkrish like this.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good strategy to relax.
    Reminiscing over our childhood days do bring a smile. Sometimes some embarrassing moments also are rewound which make me quickly take that memory away.

swathi27 likes this.