1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Making tea decoction for hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by lattada, Jan 10, 2010.

1. lattada

lattada New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

This is my first post to the beauty section. I want to apply henna to my hair. This would be my first time. I have the Karishma Herbal henna. I would like to know how to make the tea decoction for the mix. After boiling tea powder and water together, do I filter out the water and just add the water to the henna or can I add the whole (boiled water with the tea powder) to the henna? Does anyone do that?

Many articles say to add tea decoction to the henna. what is it? I am clueless whether to filter out the tea powder or not after the boiling. Do I just add the boiled water?

Thank you so much in advance.

2. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

as long as any ingredient does not do any harm you can apply it. you can apply the whole tea decoction i.e. boiled tea water and the tea leaves. you can also use coffee decoction instead of tea decoction.

just be careful of the dry condition due to henna application. you can mix curd or milk with the mixture to prevent hair dryness.

henna also has a very cooling effect. so are you sure you want to try it in winter season. summer is the best time to apply packs for hair. please consult some experts.

3. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi.
    Usually only the decotion is added with henna.No harm in adding the leaves too.But while applying the fine henna paste, the tea leaves tend to keep on falling becose of their non-sticky coarse nature.So better seive and add.