1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Making Our Tomorrow Better

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 22, 2023.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Making Our Tomorrow Better.

According to French poet and writer Goethe, historical individuals should be judged by the accomplishments that they made that were beyond those of their time and not the evils common to their day and not by ethics of today. This is the reason that only a few have a made place for themselves in history.

But what we do and what our future generations will do? They will judge us by the ethics of their time, which is natural.

But facts do not change.

In the Indian context, some of our leaders of the freedom movement, particularly Gandhi and Nehru are being judged today who were not there at that time and who do not really know how tough it was. They are talking as if all that exists today was a gift or alms from the departing British or were created after 2014. Those in their teens and twenties seem to be believing in this. A good majority of them do not know about Bhakra Nangal Dam, various steel plants or scientific institutions, hospitals, medical colleges, universities et el established after 1950.

Come on boys and girls! You are the future of the country. Try not to surpass their accomplishments. Don't get misled by false propaganda. Do not also get misled by the overstatements of any of their supporters. Try to check the facts yourself. There is no easy way to accomplish something great. One has to learn from the past. One has to learn from their achievements and also from their failures or shortcomings.

This is the only way to make tomorrow better.

Long live India.

Mistt, Cheeniya and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A great post Hariji!
    People understand history only when it repeats itself. At my stage of my life, I fully understand how the efflux of time can change people's perspective. Nobody has time even to listen to what contributions were made by people generations ago. They can't understand why people had to go sacrificing their lives to secure freedom for the country.
    I am grateful for this post of yours!

HariLakhera and Mistt like this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Cheeniya,
    Many thanks. Many a time, I feel so bad when people try to judge the actions of our departed leaders. Their contribution to our freedom struggle is shamelessly forgotten. It is like forgetting the struggle our parents went through in building our careers. No one is perfect. But there comes a time, we have to judge them without bias.

Cheeniya likes this.