1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Making organic vegetable garden in terrace.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Organichari, Feb 2, 2010.

1. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Organic Hari....
    I too am interested but I am not from Chennai....
    If you share your ideas thru posts here it will be helpful it seems you are interested onmly in business type if not please excuse me...n share your ideas here in this thread it will help many....

2. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

Hi it seems that the OP has not replied to any of the posts. But seeing the sheer enthusiasm to this thread made respond to it.

I am a terrace gardener and grow lots of vegetables at home organically. By organic vegetables, I mean that I do not use any chemical fertiliser to bloat my vegetables. All of them are grown in containers, with natural supplements.

Inorder to start, you need a few pots, good sunlight, a good potting medium and seeds! Once we all are in the same page I will take it further..

I would love to guide any one of you, who need any help. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Unknown,
    I am interested please do share what are the natural supplements that you use....

I hope anyone who have done organic gardening will share their tips n tricks so that beginners can benefit from it...

4. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

Hi vjbunny,

I use compost as a natural growing medium to grow vegetables. Apart from that Iregularly supplement different vegetables as and when they grow(blooming or growing stage).

Are you currenlty growing any vegges that you need specific help for?

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I am growing Hibiscus n rose alone but I want to venture into veggies I dont know with which to start so am taking a peek into all threads here n will soon start...in a week or so if you know any tip please do share....
    Will you share what veg requires which supplement it will be very helpful....also your method of composting....

I just keep one pot separately for preparing compost and I keep it on the balcony with few rice n pulses to encourage birds to do their bit of help for me n have seen wonders in this type....

6. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

I donot prefer composting myself due to lack of space. I buy compost from 3 different sources in bangalore, so that i get a good mix of sources.

I use a variety of things to make my potting mix. It ranges from red soil, compost, perilite, cocopeat, vermiculite and manure. Sometimes its a combination or one or two ingredients. They differ for different vegetables. Like tomatoes need calcium supplements where as cabbage needs nitrogen supplements.

Let me know the vegetables that you are planning to grow such that i can guide you further on that..:thumbsup

7. raave2007

raave2007 New IL'ite

hi, iam ravi. we have big terrace .i like flowers.hw to contact you. thanks. ravi

8. amuthaman

amuthaman New IL'ite

dear madam,

i am mrs. amutha paranthaman from chennai. i am also interested in your project.

warm regards,
    mrs. amutha.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  9. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hi can u give me some info so that i can do that in the country where i live. I do decompose my veggies leaves and skin but apart from that what else to do. just brief me some idea on it.

10. sarojbabu2

sarojbabu2 New IL'ite

I am planning for terrace garden,need your guidence to proceed further

Babu.