1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Making Mysorepak

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 13, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Somehow I learnt to make mysore pak and usually it turns out good. For my DH's niece's some function I made Mysore pak twice on the same day.

Two of my colleagues wanted to know how it is prepared . So I went to both their houses and showed how it is prepared. For one friend I went during lunch time and showed her how to make as she was staying near our Office. Another friend who was also my boss that time I went to her house in the evening and showed her.

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma, I wish you could teach me too. I tried to master the art of making mysore pak and alas I had to throw out the entire "END PRODUCT". What I remember about the recipe was to fry the besan in hot ghee and then to add sugar in it. Luckily I had tried with a small amount of besan.

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

when are you going to teach me, Viji. I felt the taste of Mysore pak when I read your blog. Happy Cooking.

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear vij aunty,:)

My son loves mysore pak. Over here it is not available.

I tried making twice and then gave up my attempts becos of the results. :hide:
    If possible can you please share your recipe with all of us..:coffee

Please ....

5. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma,

My first attempt of mysore pak was in MW. i kept few seconds extra and the result was very strong Mysore pak :)). Then I melted it in a kadai and we had it as halwa. My DH says we could have used it as bricks for building house :) its surely an art. :bowdownto your Mysorepak skill :)

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji amma,

How sweet of you to take the time and teach your friends.

I love mysorepak.... I learnt it from my aunt many years ago and i usually make it for diwali among other sweets and savories. It turns out well, but everytime I make it I am worried that it might become very strong, and always wonder that maybe I should have done some practice a month before diwali, just to be sure. Same goes for adhirasam. My MIL usually makes them and I only do the frying and pressing part, but this year I am so worried because my MIL is not here.... now I have to check the patham... that scares me, what if they don't turn out well?? Maybe I should practice this time, at least for athirasam.

Thank you for reminding me.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coffeelover, Ami,Sunitha, Radha and Akila

Thank you for your fb. Will write individually later as I am busy with golu.

Sunitha I will write how I make mysore pak later, you can also go to chitvish recipies and get the recipie. She is an expert in cooking.

love
    viji

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, next time I am in mUmbai I would love to taste your Mysorepak....

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ami

Ya it is a little difficult to make mysore pak but somehow I have learnt it but still till it comes ok I get worried. I dont fry the basin. I first make a syrup of sugar , it should be kambi pahu then add the besan and also ghee and stir it nicely , keep the gas in sim , I go on adding ghee when it becomes less and then when it becomes thick pour it in a thali in which ghee is spread and then cut it in shape.

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coffeelover

Glad to know that yu got the taste of mysore pak. I will teach you when you come to my house
    love
    viji