Making chapati's faster?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Rums, May 5, 2011.

1. harshadand

harshadand New IL'ite

there is no alternative to make chappatis faster...it is just a matter of practice and you will learn to do it faster that way

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Make dough in advance n keep it in fridge..
    you can do it quickly whenever u want...

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I feel mixing the dough is the only tough thing in making chapatis,once it is done I feel we are through.Keeping the dough mixed in an air tight container in the fridge makes it easier .Practice makes us make chapatis easier and faster.

4. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone. Nowadays I make it really fast. Practice is the key!!!!

5. viji60suresh

viji60suresh New IL'ite

my sister and her husband goes to US every year,and before leaving,they start making chappatis daily 10 extra and put it in ziplog bag and top of it date them and keep it in fridge or freezer.like that their daughter and fly eat that roti's by heating in microwave for nearly a month.if u have parents or any helper like that u can also try this.

6. deepsvyk

deepsvyk New IL'ite

Chapathis can be made soft by taking for 3cups of flour mix 55% water.Add little salt+sugar+1spoon milk+ 1spoon oil. Knead the flour to make it soft enough. The dough must be smoothly kneaded.
    To make chapathis faster
    first roll out required number of chapathis .Take care to roll after wiping oil on the rolling pin,then you can add chapathis one upon other and store. Then you can keep two tawas on stove and fry two two chapathis at a time. In one person can more chapathis faster.

7. SKalai

SKalai New IL'ite

Hi, Roti makers make very dry chapatis. But, I found an easier way for rolling using the roti makers. Make an extra soft dough, by adding more water. It might be little sticky too. Use the hot roti maker, like a poori press, for your rolling process ALONE. Since it is hot, the dough wont stick to the pressing layers at all, so u don't have to add oil or flour for pressing/rolling. This makes the work very simple and easier. Make sure the chapati is not cooked in the roti maker, the cooking should happen only on the tawa. Doing in this way, the chapatis wont be dry as the ones made entirely in roti makers.

8. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

hi all
    how many days we can store the chappati dough in the fridge. sometime, the dough become black on the top.

9. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Try preparing using an electrical roti maker / poori presser (buy a bigger size)
    that helps.
    I use both

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Chitvish has given various methods on how to make rotis easier/faster. Please refer to these.

How to knead dough for rotis, using dough kneader attachment? http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ep-step-photos-rotis-parathas.html#post964520

Chappathi-dough kneading - Using atta kneader in a grinder http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ep-step-photos-rotis-parathas.html#post964521

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...34-step-by-step-photos-how-6.html#post1770332 How to knead chappathi dough using FP???