1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Make Hay While The Sun Shines…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Aug 6, 2016.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Make Hay While the Sun Shines…

It was an eventful schooling life, followed by an even more eventful college life. Studies never come that easily you see, the marks – that’s a mystery never mastered to shine though.

Guys and girls more to say crowd around the notice board to see if they are on top of the list whilst we guys are happy if our names figure on that list. We made it and move on to a new class or else have to plane the same benches in the same class. The whole shame is that junior girls catch up and top again, while we flop again. Vicious studies and vicious girls make you go in circles.

Left for masters to Europe, somehow made it you see, surprising all around. Believe that a professor had an attack when the results came and I managed to be in the top in the UG. Life is funny though not for those who saw me struggling all through.

Had the masters and returned back and got into the grind of making money to spend for the pleasure of others, that’s what happens when life is funny for others at our cost.

Dad, mom started hunting for girls, that could be made a bakra, no no a bahu sorry. Kept rejecting as wasn’t keen to get married. Postponing marriage is it a crime? Be it boys or girls.

Just remember this funny meme which says this – a single girl goes to friends, relatives marriage and all the older ones circle her and pinching her cheek say next is yours right. Embarrassing moments and she feels like uttering the following while going for a funeral – “next is yours right” pinching the oldies cheek.

Dad & mom were really upset seeing me alone and happy. If son is happy parents get upset, what a bad society this is? Dad couldn’t hold himself. One day he decided to sit and chat with me about me getting married.

Sat in front of the idiot box and he flipped to a channel that doesn’t believe in clad women. I was with my mobile whatsapping, facebooking, vibering and didn’t watch the tv at all, out of respect to dad while he didn’t bother to in front of his son.

Occasionally he was glancing at me between his drinks and the unclad women. He was getting irritated, I could sense that. He started – son is everything alright with you. Yes dad absolutely. What happened to your girl friends? When you were at school, college many used to come home. Now no one comes home. Dad all are busy and we catch up on the phone on some app or other.

Now why don’t you want to get married? Couple of more years let me have a life dad. Then I shall ruin myself. Why hurry to see your son in pain? No son not like that there is more in life. Ok dad no issues.

What no issues? You seem to be disinterested in girls. You hardly watched those babes on the channel. Dad how can I when you are there? It doesn’t look nice. It’s ok son. Are you not interested in girls? Oho how many times to say dad, I do like girls but for now no plans to live with one.

Can I trust you son? Why doubt me? No son you were in Europe for some years. So what? I have heard that guys marry guys. It was a shocker to me. So what? There isn’t a girl coming home and you never seem to interact with them, so thought poor you my son turned gay. I don’t want to have a son in law for my son.

Dadddddddddddd what the hell are you talking. I promise to get married. Believe me. Soon I shall get my girlfriend home and introduce her to you and mom.

Son only now I am happy and please do bring her home this weekend. Ok dad sure I shall and just hit my forehead and walked away. These days not getting married early makes your kith and kin think you are not straight. What a change that has happened, unbelievable the advancement in peoples attitude.

Guys girlz do get married to avoid being embarrassed.

Break Gay While Son Grows as make hay while the sun shines…

(An imaginary stuff)

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL GG, not a bad way of getting parents to accept girlfriend. I have heard some parents joking "I'll be happy if he marries a girl. Caste, creed no bars."

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear GG,

A very nice snippet. So, you are not staring at poorly clad women created suspicion in the minds of your dad that you might be a gay. I am glad you didn't tell him, "I am not sure whether I would like to be a man or woman".

You are now happily married putting his mind to rest. Recently, I was watching the Democratic convention and an interviewer introduced the Congressman and said she was going to talk to his husband next. I thought it was a slip of a tongue only to realize later that his husband was a man. They have adopted three children. What a world we live in.

My head tells me that I should treat LGBT community with respect and my heart broke down when so many of them were killed in Orlando. But when a man introduces another man as husband and when they declare that they have three adopted children, can you explain the pain I experience in my heart? How can these children bring their mom to the school and feel the same like any other children? What kind of feelings will run in their mind? What if their union is not recognized in a State? What status those children get? Can a man nominate his wife (a man) as a nominee for his retirement? If one of the children is a daughter, how can a man (considered as mother) explain some intricacies of a girl's life?
    Many questions in my head with no answers. I guess as the days progress, I will be educated more.

Viswa

maggi32 and GoogleGlass like this.
  4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Haha... funny GG. You managed to shock me until the last line. You reminded me of my days. I was in last year of college and parents were busy worrying about i how to dispose me, i mean getting me married.

These days children are successful in delaying marriages. But i believe it is better to get married earlier and have kids so that you are young when your children grows up and you can relate with them better.

5. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha true for 4 more years I have to hear the same things ahhh thanks to my parents they don't and will never force me but this so called relatives ufff seriously they are the ones who make things horrible uhhhhh seriously

periamma and GoogleGlass like this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha with disclaimer and a fine print!

Funny, but surprisingly it happens !

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one. I can imagine the "not looking" at TV while dad is also watching it and certain channel is playing.
    Spare the TV and spoil the child. : )

Don't know what the above would exactly mean, felt witty to add. : )

8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

True Satchi - son brings a son-in-law, daughter brings a daughter-in-law : in front of the law it is all fair :)

kaniths and satchitananda like this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear gg,
    So, this is the latest concern!
    It is different generation now. We were embarrassed to see some programs in front of parents and vice versa. But now my kids tell me......" Mom, you are not going to like what we watch now" indirectly hinting to be away.
    Syamala

10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Ur children are really good @shyamala1234 .they are trying to make u feel comfortable. Nice.

GoogleGlass likes this.