Make ahead tasty and healthy recipe - lunch/snack for kids/office goers

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by hrastro, Nov 12, 2014.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I usually keep the dough and make the veggie fresh ( from already boiled masalas/gravies and cut veggies), so the shapes also are fresh.. I usually make them for kid's lunch early morning to take to school.

Or bake the whole shape with stuffing, store in airtight container and then reheat whenever required - say afterschool instant snack, but you have to store in fridge and directly heat it just before serving - then you cant carry to office as the stuffing will spoil if it is not made on the same day

Or bake plain shapes without stuffing, cut up slices and grill with veggies or cheese in the morning if you're carrying for lunch.

2. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Love this thread..
    My son always wants new things and no repetition.
    What I made on Monday is had soaked a fistful green peas over night, crushed few grlics, sauted in butter and added some basmati rice ( non cooked). Fried for soem time and then added the green peas, water and 2 whistles - done.
    He was happy to eat it as it was not spicy.
    now two days later I used same thing.. scambled eggs and heated this rice I had refrigerated and he liked taht fr lunch too