1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Majaa Masti & Gossip : Part 2.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Have book linga on Monday . How was the movie ? Iam all excited to see rajini sir on screen though Iam an ardent kamal Fan

1 person likes this.
  2. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Me too Ranch :) None of the negative reviews r going to stop me...

3. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

One of friends is also a Kamal fan but her two sons n H r Rajini fans.. So she watched with the same enthu as her kids for the second time... Sometimes we start liking things we are not fond of after seeing our kids have a liking for it.. :) I guess Kids-Rajini magic will always be there...

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends, though you all expect much from Linga, the movie is below average!! Rajini looks so tired and does not have the charm as he used to have. Scenes are too long and do not have impact. This is my humble view.

2 people like this.
  5. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I am an ardent Rajini Fan, I watched linga yesterday first day first show. It was good. The Raja Rajini was much better than younger Rajini. The thief rajini seemed much like dhoom 2 .thinkingsmiley

But I did like the brimandam. Song sequence with Sonakshi and Anushka was good. All red color with Ferrari. Foreign locations was good. Cannot imagine a Raja's grandson a thief.That is a little upsetting. :-(

Overall just for Rajini style, I liked it. Enjoyed the Raja Rajini!:boo:

3 people like this.
  6. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

So finally got to watch Lingaa - and my opinion: good!

Con's:
    Rather long - quite a few sequences could have been cut out. In fact, I couldn't really see the purpose of Sonakshi Sinha's role...the story could have gone on forward without her character! Likewise, Nizhalgal Ravi, Radha Ravi...many good actors in blink and miss roles.
    Story issues: Like Indu, I didn't like the idea of the contemporary Lingaa being a thief! And it's a bit glaring when Rajini has to take up such a role at this point of his career, even though the older Lingeswara was obviously the stronger hero.
    Again, it's a feeling of deja vu. You know what's going to happen...King Lingeswara climbs briskly down the stairs, and you KNOW he's going to conned into losing his money and will end up a pauper, since we've seen it all in Muthu. Likewise, when the older Rajini is praised to the skies by the villagers, you know he's soon going to be shunned by them. Vijaya Kumar actually reprises pretty much the same role as he played in Chandramukhi, except he hams it up as a naatamai here, instead of a grandpa.
    Too many 'good pills' - advice on caste, freedom fights, Rajini's will he/won't he politics question all keep propping up ever so often.
    The villains, both Jagapati Babu and the Brit chap, seem to be villainous for trivial reasons, it seems to me.

Pro's:

Rajini himself. It's true he looks old, and try as we might, we can only find shades of the 80's-90's Rajini through all those layers of make-up. But he's still pulling it off very well, IMO. And the mature looking heroines help too ;-) Anushka seems a decent fit...Sonakshi not much so, since the producers " went out of their way not to make her uncomfortable" ;-)

The bits with the contemporary Lingaa move pretty fast, to be honest - the jewellery heist scenes et all are quite interesting.

Comedy : santhanam's one-liners are great, especially towards the end :) Never was his fan at the outset, but he's done a good job here!

CGI job: Really good! Especially the elephants, trains etc.

And most of all, this moves Rajini past the Kochadaiyaan debacle. At least, we know he's the one acting here, instead of having Lollu sabha Jeeva or Chinni Jayanth doing mimicry stunts behind the scenes :) And as his fan, this matters to me!

So I stick to my opinion: The movie's good, and is worth a watch...and a definite must-watch if you are a Rajini fan!

4 people like this.
  7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dancing diva Madhuri Dixit performed live at the Stardust Awards 2014 ceremony today. One of the all-time best dancers of Bollywood, Madhuri had the audience captivated, all through her performance.

Madhuri Dixit has her own dance academy and an online portal where she teaches dance to interested participants. Madhuri is also part of a reality dance show where she is the celebrity judge.

It was a treat to watch the dancing queen shake her leg to popular numbers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Former beauty queen Aishwarya Rai Bachchan received the Most Successful Miss World award in London. Her husband - Abhishek, daughter Aaradhya and mother Vrunda Rai were also present to receive this honour.

The Bachchan bahu was a very special guest at the 64th edition of Miss World Finale 2014. She received this award for her Outstanding contribution in Beauty with Purpose.
    This year model Koyal Rana represented India.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Superstar Aamir Khan, who recently visited Banaras to promote his forthcoming film PK, purchased a saree from there for his co-star Anushka Sharma.

The actor wanted to take a special souvenir for Anushka from Banaras. After going through a huge collection of sarees, he shortlisted one. In fact, he spent about an hour selecting his favourite saree.Unfortunately the saree got misplaced. The team of PK visited several cities and the saree got misplaced while they were touring for promotions.

Aamir was disheartened that they were unable to find it. When contacted, a spokesperson confirms the news adding, "Aamir had specially purchased the saree for Anushka. It is extremely unfortunate that it got misplaced because Anushka too was really looking forward to wearing the saree"

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

The actress, who was earlier dating another Bollywood bigwig, has been playing up to her sugar daddy with an unmatchable enthusiasm. And from the look of things, her affection seems to have borne fruit.

She has bagged two projects in which the controlling filmmaker has a say. One is an entertainer with a macho hero and a young enthusiastic actor, while the second film has her opposite a dreamboat dancer.

Of course, in the bargain, the actresses who were earlier considered for these films were sidelined. Unfortunately, both the girls were too new to protest.