1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Maintanance of kitchen gadgets

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 26, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ammi pochu mixie vanthathu dum dum
    Attukal pochu grinder vanthathu dum dum
    grinder pochu table top vanthathu dum dum
    Athuvum pochu thayaramma mao vanthathu dum dum!

Our ladies will buy all the gadgets and everything will be lying around in all corners. If we buy things we shoud maintain them properly. I have seen in so many households, mixie, grinder and all waiting for the arrival of the maid for cleaning. Greasy gas stoves to be cleaned up as and when the maid will come.
    I could hear voices asking , then what for we have appointed the maid? If we maintain the things they will last long. I used a mixie for 20 years and after that I donated it in good working condition and also a grinder I used for 16 years. Please do not think this lady must be a home maker and so she could do all these things. I was also a working woman with three kids and a conservative mil living with me from the time I got married and until her death as my husband was her only son. Of course he has a sister and mil used to go to her house when she needed her help.
    But now I find most of the ladies leave every thing to maid. If she doesn't turn up for a day things keep piling up.
    At least costly things should be maitained to avoid recurring expenditure.
    Pushpavalli

5 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear P.S ma'am,
    Regular maintenance of gadgets keeps the gadgets in good condition and it takes less time and effort if we do that rather than waiting for some one......:thumbsup
    I liked your starting verses...........:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  3. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear mam,

Well said... Maintenance of gadgets in kitchen should be done daily and not kept for someone to maintain it...
    Nice post......

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Bhargavi and Shanti.
    It was very surprising and also heart warming to get your feed backs to the write up that was written nearly 5 years back.
    It is really sad that to see people not bothering to maintain costly things properly.
    Thank you both for your comments,
    Love,
    PS

2 people like this.
  5. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Very true.
    If we maintain gadgets by ourself. Definately it will come for years without any problem...

1 person likes this.
  6. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

so...can we have some tips coming up for cleaning the mixie /grinder/ microwave (inside outside)...then maybe we can slowly start it a point to clean it up everyday..or atleast everyday one gadget..!!

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sudha,
    Thanks for supporting my stand that self help should be the motto for maintaining gadgets.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

When we buy these gadgets we get a manual along with them how to maintain and how to clean them. It is my policy to wash and clean the mxiie/grinder as soon as the work is over.
    Even the microwave I clean up with mild liquid soap mixed with warm water. I use sponge are a cloth to clean up drenched in the mixture and then wipe with a dry cloth. Even for cleaning outside I follow the same method. To remove stain we can mix baking powder with water and make a paste and then you can use a cloth to wipe out the stain.

1 person likes this.
  9. PEARL1

PEARL1 New IL'ite

Nice thread.......

10. shellysethi

shellysethi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

It's true if we take little effort in maintaing these gadgets these will remain with us for years without hassels instead of waiting for maids to do the job.Afterall we depend too much on these appliances.

It takes very little effort to clean as soon as you finish using it .