1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maiden Customer Idolised

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

MAIDEN CUSTOMER
    Idolised

Here I retell old story in my own words. Hope you tolerate!
    I entered a foot-mart. I saw a framed hand- drawn image of profile of a foot hung on a pedestal at central place in the shop.
    Curiosity got over me and propelled me to enquire shop owner about it.
    He began in all seriousness to tell me the story behind it.
    *******​
    A just finished school boy in a simple attire got a job. He was grateful to his single mother who toiled a lot to bring him up. She nurtured her only boy iimpoverished circumstances and ramshackled surroundings.
    The boy traced on a piece of large blank side of calendar-paper the contour of foot of mother a day before.
    That next day he got his first salary. He went to FOOTWEAR shop. Showing the paper containing his mom's foot-profile requested to show a decent sneaker that befits the profile & reasonably priced.

He selected a pair and looked depressed upon seeing the tag printed price Rs299.
    He found he was short of money. He told shop owner about it. To his surprise, shop owner agreed to sell at a discount but insisted to know why he could not bring his mom to the shop. In response, the boy narrated about his hard-working mother walking bear-foot long distance to a factory for several years and now today that he from his first salary wish to surprise her with a most suitable and comfortable gift.

Shop owner impressed with his idea and was very much moved by boy's poignant narration. So, he handed him the selected pair free happily teary eyed although it was first 'sale'.
    The shop owner surprised me telling that
    boy was his first customer and the first transaction turned into a fine augury that now within few years that he has developed the business exporting a range of FOOTWEAR with several branches all over and his brand has turned pan India.

swarnamary and shyamala1234 like this.

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

IS this BATA BRAND SIR JI????...

NICE ONE, WHAT A CARING SON FOR HIS MOM..:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Hi thanks for asking.
    No it is not Bata.

swarnamary likes this.
  4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

oho okay... good to know its not before i spread this story with others hahaha