Maida - Matha of Flours !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Oct 27, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes . we can say Maida is the queen (KIng?) of flours. I think even Lord Krishna would have told
    மாவுகளில் நான் மைதாவாக இருக்கிறேன்.':thumbsup
    Because you can use this flour for many many things. If you having this flour in hand you can do the following things.
    • Maida is super refined wheat flour used to make a wide variety of food items like puri, chappati, paratha etc., Maida is sometimes referred to as "All purpose flour."
    • By using this we can prepare all bakery items. Like cakes, biscuts, breads, donuts.....etc.,
    • Put maida in a clean cotton cloth and place it in a cooker and cook it like 'idly' . Remove from the cooker and use it as 'rice flour' That is you can make any savory by using this. Instead of rice flour you can use this maida for making savories.
    • To make 'super rava dosa' add one part of maida, two parts rice flour and 3 rava.
    • You can make Jalabi & Anjur Boondi by fermenting maida. You can also make 5 bups cake or 7 cups cake by using maida.
    • Other than these things if you cook maida in water, you can prepare good 'paste',. You can use this paste to stick notice or stick you children's note covers with note book.
    • To put 'starch' to your cotton saree, take one spoon maida and boil it in 1 lt water. Mix well till it cooks. Remove from fire. Keep aside and bring it to room temp. Now you can put your saree inthat and dry it. Your starched saree is ready.
    • When you try to put 'izhi kolam' /'mavu kolam' at the time of function add maida with the grind rice flour and put kolam. So the kolam will last for many days. Even you can put only maida mavu kolam. It will be brite and it will be there in the flour for a long time.
    Hey ladies, what do you say about Maida? Can we start call it as

"matha or queen of flours"??

Sindhuja12 likes this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

call it the queen of flours it is really useful in many ways as you have already mentioned it.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

call Maida as 'Queen- Mother of flours'!
    But where is the Queen then?

sriniketan

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

I agree with you, Mrs.Krishnamma..I remember now that when was young, my father was working in Postal Dept., and they would made this maida koozh just to paste & close all documents. Very sticky, isnt it??

5. krishnaamma

Thank you Aruna and Sri,

For your feed back.

Hi Sri,
    I dont understand your question. 'Where is the Queen then' means?........Maida is the queen.

6. krishnaamma

Hi Ami,

Yes, Even now some post offices you can see this gum. To keep this gum for a long time they put 'zink powder' 'thuthanakagm' in Tamil. My mother also do the same in house. She used to prepare this 'gum/paste' to stick our book covers and lables for our school note books. In old films, we can see the person who is sticking cinema posters will use this 'maida koozh' to stick them on the wall. I dont know now how they are sticking posters on walls. Are they still using this 'maida koozh'? any idea about this?

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Krishnamma,
    I called maida as the 'Queen-Mother'.
    maida has been promoted to the status of 'Queen-Mother'. that is why i asked where is the Queen?
    Hope i didn't confuse you!

sriniketan

8. krishnaamma

Hi Sri,

Sorry ya still I cant understand your words :(

9. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma,
    My vote is maida is the "queen of flours".
    Viji

10. krishnaamma

Dear Viji,

Bow :thumbsup :banana