1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maid kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 27, 2013.

1. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

why keep a whisky bottle at home if you don't want to touch it? :confused2:

give the man and his team a chance. it's much better than voting for the same kind of party over and over and then talking about how things are always the same.

2. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

kamalji, nice post.
    i love your laws of life. experience is the only best school for all.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

[
    So what?
    QUOTE=oysterzzz;3101973]the title is misleading.....[/QUOTE]

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My dear friend Kamalji,

I have a different perspective than yours in terms of how we need to be receptive to the honesty of the individuals. Please bear with me and I respectfully submit for the views of you and everyone else who commented on this snippet already.

Our thought process that efficiency is more valuable than honesty has brought us to where we are today. Dishonesty has reached the level that is unmanageable and there is nothing we can get done without bribing people. It is impacting the day to day life of common people. In the present scenario, only elite people can get things done. Every time when a politician raise above that, we need to encourage him to be honest and unless we embrace honesty, the dishonest politicians would continue to ruin the life of common people. I have not heard of Kejriwal until I heard about AAP winning the election in Delhi. But I feel at least a few like him can set examples in India for others to follow.

We should not relate efficiency as getting things done through bribe but we should relate it with getting things done right through honest means. I would encourage people to tolerate inefficiency than tolerating dishonesty. It is easier to make an inefficient government to become efficient than making a dishonest government to become honest. By voicing opinion, an inefficient government becomes efficient whereas when people voice opinion against dishonesty, the truth is suppressed and dishonesty is justified.

In your example, a dishonest driver could be on a suicide mission to kill the entire family if he is dishonest. If he genuinely makes mistakes in driving, we can tolerate it. At least we know his intention is to be efficient and continue as driver for the family. He will become efficient by learning from his mistakes.

Regarding Preet Barara, he is a very intelligent and honest prosecutor. His mission is to prosecute violators of laws of the land whether it is economic or otherwise. He prosecuted Rajat Gupta, CEO of Mckinsey for passing insider information as a board member. So far he has been unbiased in terms of prosecuting people whether they are Asian or Hispanic or Pacific Islanders or Caucasians. He is not trying to prove a point and he is trying to do his job as a prosecutor. As I don't know the details of this case well, I can't say anything at this point until a court makes the decision.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear cw
    Yes we wait n watch what ge does good kuck to him
    And we keep the bottle for gyests too even if one does not drink

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear shantana
    This is a forward to me good u liked it

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear vishwa

Preet is takingvthings too far.even at 9.75 usd per hour and 40 hoyrs a week is 1560 usd where did ge arrive at figure of 4500 usd salary for maid
    This proves he was hell bent onprosecuting devyani n america oaid for tics of family but why? Preetvis ambitious we know but this? N what are naids n drivers paid here intgeir embassies?
    Kejriwal has made tall promises so ok we give him tine n see vishwa.

8. Kamalji, Mr.Preet Bhahara's version that irrespective of your paying capacity , you should have paid your maid, according the Law of the Land (U.S), if you want to live here, seems to be having more takers in U.S :

You can see, angry Americans demonstrating in front of Indian Consulate General Building in New York in support of the under paid maid servant of Devyani.

And he seems to be having a point in it. In our fervent zeal to support our diplomat, we are probably missing Mr.Bhahara's point

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear prem
    America says 9.75 per hour for naid is good thaworks out to usd 1560 dollors oer month so how come preet says the naid must ve oaid 4500?kindly anwser tgat

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    I would rather prefer for a honest driver with good habits, Luckily we got one and though he is not smart enough, He does his job well.

Immediately after independence there were many politicians who were honest and efficient. There are still honest and efficient persons who are afraid to enter politics because of the mire created by the present politicians. Let us have a positive outlook.

PS