1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Made for each other

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 6, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Like how we have couple made for each other there are friends also who are made for each other.

Some friends are always together and wherever they go together and always share their happiness and sorrows.

The world knows their togetherness and seeing them always together if one is missing people will ask where is your friend , you are alone today.

Do you have any friend like that with whom you share everything and always with your friend.

Before marriage it is easy to have such friends but after marriage it is difficult because first of all we should get time to be together and also we require husband's permission to be with them.

When I was studying in school we used to have two teachers who used to be always together, people used to call them Laurel and Hardy. One teacher used to always wear dress and the other teacher who used to look sweet used to wear saree. Now also I always remember them. That time me and my friend used to always together, go anywhere together and I used to be happy with that friend as she was very rich and I was from middle class but still she was my best friend and now also she is my best friend . We are friendly since 1957 .

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hmm...I have a friend from my college...Though we are totally opposite by nature, she is my best friend...There is no need of any words to express my feelings to her...Just a phone call when in distress, and a simple 'mm' from her side will give me immense strength in facing life...She is now married...Though it is difficult to keep in touch, I will call her at least weekly once...Friends are always friends :)

3. UmaVythianathan

UmaVythianathan Bronze IL'ite

Very true Ishwaryadevi,

Just a call when in distress...I would modify it, just a thought, when in distress....

Always, when I'm in a sad mood, I just think of my dear friend...Think of the wonderful days, that we had spent together before wedding. Just a thought of her, gives me strength to carry me forward in any difficult situation.
    Friends are like wine. They get better with time....

4. jyothigandham

jyothigandham New IL'ite

dear viji mam

i think we are lucky to have friends...i have a froup of 4 friends...we are friends since 97...and we are always in touch...we discuss problems together and we discuss good times too...we live contries apart and yet live as if we stay next door..I feel so proud of them...your blog reminded me of the many blessings that God bestows on us... Three cheers to our friends !! Hip Hip Hurray!!!

5. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

mrs viji,
    u reminded of my friend julie. we were working in a place together for less than 2 years only but the depth of that friendship was great. I am now in bahrain and don't find even a single friend here. might be i am thinking of julie always and not able to understand others friendship. thanks for ur beautiful writing

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

I loved this wonderful topic of yours....:cheers

You have reminded me of my best friends but still my friend sudha stands first among them..we were of the same batch, joined our job on same day, same office, sitting nearby at office, staying in the same locality, children born around the same time just a difference of 2-3 months, same temperament, going everywhere together and rarely when we go out alone... even shopkeepers, security and bank staff etc., used to enquire what happened to the other friend....

i had to leave my job for coming over here to stay as family and i felt a lot sad for leaving my precious and lovable job and my adorable friend. Her name is sudha. I miss her a lot especially during navratri

we keep in touch through mail and phone. Friendship is a wonderful thing to be felt and experienced for a lifetime.

I have to mention that i had a lot of friends .. all good and kind and still keeping in touch. I miss India and my friends.

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Akka
    I could not reply yesterday becasue my younger son came from college for fall break-so I spent time cooking extra and chatting with him; the home is nice having him around!
    I had a school friend with whom I was close. We were opposites in every way:- she is a Christian, always wore western clothes while I grew up wearing skirts, pavadai, pavadai-thavani, and sari. She would go to western concerts like disco, pop etc. I was into carnatic music. But we were close. Suddenly she stopped replying to my letters: those days no cell phone or e-mail.
    Now, after 30+ years we found each other via facebook. She lives only three+ hours drive from where I live. Very happy about that.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ice

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the first fb. Glad to know that you also have a best friend who is there for you always. True friends know our inner heart and even when we dont see each other we are always together.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma

Glad you also feel thesame about your friend. Sorry for the late reply. True friends are there every moment to help us in need and just a call they are there

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jyothi

Good to know you also have friends from 1997 and that you are always in touch.Good to know my blog reminded you of the good times you had with your friends. God is great he gives the best always

love
    viji