1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Madame Bovary And The Budget

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa in India when laws are passed, it is ensured they have lot of loopholes. A candidate's spending is quite limited but that does not mean his/her admirers and friends cannot spend an infinite amount! It has become a JOKE. tHE POLL BONDS SCHEME INTRODUCED BY bjp GOVERNMENT ALSO RBEDUCES TRA SPARENCY IN SPENDING. THERE IS NO NEED TO REVEAL WHO BOUGHT THE BONDS. OBVIOUSLY IT IS THE CORPORATE HONCHOS WHO BUY THESE BONDS AND NOT THE POOR. sO IS IT SURPRISING THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS PRO[RICH?

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Balajee,

I had a chance to have a closer look at the budget not with a microscope as in the earlier days when we had to prepare the stewardship report to our American bosses..

I prepared a sectorwise analysis but at the end questioned myself –what for?

Apart from what I wrote earlier I confine myself to quoting Dr.M.S.Swaminathan and a fine intellectual industrialist Anand Mahindra on the budget.

Dr.M.S.Swaminathan has said ”I am very happy that there is detailed plan for Agriculture and rural development; not just in words but also comprehensively on what can be done as well as in terms of the resources needed.This is important as agriculture is the occupation of the majority of the Indians”. I therefore don’t intend to carry coal to New Castle.

The Mahindra group chairman criticised Sitharaman for not hitting "some boundaries", but praised her for "steady singles and keep the run-rate moving." Anand Mahindra reacted to the Union Budget, saying that it was "great" for the medium and the long term.

FM it appears has cut the coat according to the cloth and definitely not taken the bait for financial profligacy.

The union budget has lost its sheen because major announcements are made in between budgets particularly before elections and there is no tinkering with excise duty because of GST. Personally speaking IT concession announced is a fraud on the intelligence of the middle class as it may wean them away from saving for the rainy day.

Regards-SLN

PS-This analysis was done purely to spend some quality time and avoid whatsup,facebook etc.There are different shades of opinion depending on the perception and I don’t hold a candle to the 2020 budget.Thanks for waking me up from my slumber

Thyagarajan and Balajee like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

sIN, NO SENSIB;E PERSON WILL HOLD A CANDLE FOR MTHIS BUDGE WHICH HAS BEEN THRASHED BY MANY INCLUDING bj{ mp AND ECONOMIST sUBRAMANIAN sEAMY. NIRMALA SITARAMAN MIGHT ENTER SOME BOOK OF RECORDS FOR MAKING THE LONGEST EVER BUDGET SPEECH APART FROM THAT THERE IS NOTHING SIGNIFICANT ABOUT IT.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Thyagu sir. Precisely expect plenty of retrenchments The government cannot see beyond killing the goos of public sedtor enterprises to get golden eggs. We have dark dys ahead with an inept dummy Dinance Minister dancing to the tune of a semiliterate PM/.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Thanks for re response. I too expect a huge erosion in real value of savings in all its forms except those invested in metals. With new babes of few hours affected by ncornavirus in China, the world looks marching towards death. The end result seems to be total collapse of the world economy big or small.

2. Madam HM for finance and PM have a conviction that through this budget would encourage people to invest in securities & shares too get the boost or booster doze to interminable sagging of economy which is trying to find the bottom. It looks they had determined profit making DUCKS are no good for the economy and so kill and take away the golden eggs. Pan India rally’s began by LIC staff adding to the existing tamashas on the road.

3. Banks overnight turns broke private or public which no more reliable to encourage savings.

4. Even digitised money disappears in bank in online transactions. Of what good the announced raise from ₹one lac to ₹5 lac insurance cover for bank deposits except consolation.

5. It looks rest of investments, returns will meet no return path. Sure way to save and protect value - whatever one had saved in securities, company shares, mutual funds, Post office schemes and fixed deposits to convert them into metals, jewels, ornaments etc. all other schemes with the prevailing trend would make returns asymptotic I mean the more you invest the faster it tends to attain zero.

God - You had only willed that for few to prosper rest of the humanity to suffer.
    Regards.