1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mad(e) for each other

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mathangikkumar, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

successminded,

while i agree that all people going in for an arranged marriage have their own criteria (and i am certainly not going to sit in judgement of them at this point - it is not the main point in question), i would say, it is a question of their lives and they have a right to take a decision based on their own expectations of a spouse.

but my main objection to the ops post was that other people judge how "well-matched" a couple is based on their looks and walk out after giving a gift (as if the couple was dependent on those to run their lives) and leaving without eating anything. this kind of behaviour could not be considered civilized by any stretch of imagination. and to be very honest, i have not come across such behaviour, so i do not whether and if at all which part of the country this occurs in. (and tell me, who would let go of a free wedding lunch/dinner after having parted with a gift, just because they thought the couple were not well-matched. what did they care anyway?)

7 people like this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Exactly and just as the OP is entitled to her opinion..I am to mine and just as she can post hers ..I can air my response and call it narrow minded.
    Fair enough? Thought so!

1 person likes this.
  3. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

Giving some importance to looks before selecting bride/groom is fair but not compulsory purely girl or boys choice. But commenting after their marraige on their looks is so stupid.

"One of the most narrow minded opinionated posts I have seen to date in IL. If this is a troll please do not waste our time"

I accept JAG's.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. caringwoman

caringwoman New IL'ite

Hey Mathangi - Just can't agree with you! Am really surprised that you expressed such a narrow outlook. Like many others pointed, it is the love & inner beauty that matters and a bunch of other like Perseverence, Adjustment, respect for each other , a willingness to work on the marriage that make a marriage successful. Going by your theory the supposedly good-looking movie actors / actresses should have great marriages which sadly does not seem to the case.
    I'd give two hoots to those guests to go to a wedding and did not 'eat' because the couple were not 'made for each other' in looks. They are the losers.
    People age and might lose their looks but not their nature which is what keeps a marriage going. And I'd love my daughter for being just that rather than who she resembles or her complexion.

5. gouricocktail

gouricocktail Silver IL'ite

grow up OP... the society is changing...

6. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

ok ppl, old post! and the OP has already gotten jagged enof i guess.

7. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

OP:

As a strong believer in freedom of speech, I will defend your right to mouth atrocious, even borderline ethnic cleansing rubbish!

2 people like this.
  8. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

First on modern DILs, then modern teachers, and now modern love. I wonder how many more such posts still there are.

You might be just mentioning things happening in society, but nowhere you say that it is wrong. Why are you so rigid, I mean your thoughts are not good for the society in anyway, and if they are not just yours, but your friends and relatives too, then I'm sorry to say, such thoughts of everyone around you are polluting the society.

3 people like this.
  9. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

beauty is as beauty does.

old post, but an ever relevant topic.

1 person likes this.
  10. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

I guess the love married couples should post their pics on invitations. So the guests could decide and let them know in advance if they would visit or not and if they visit would they eat or not. Why waste food for such manners less people?

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.