1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mad(e) for each other

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mathangikkumar, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Yeah me too noticed that...only physical appearance is not considered for judging a couple...!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Well said :thumbsup

4 people like this.
  3. Sharmili Navab

Sharmili Navab Bronze IL'ite

Mathangi,
    just for your info...East or west....below all the skin there is only one colour that is red our blood...Hope this never changes due to colour of the skin. Beauty lies with decency, discipline and good heart, kindness, compassion too.

according to me Beauty is great personality and somebody who is not oblivious to evil and insanity

Pls NEVER EVER post such insane thoughts which u personally have & hurt others:shhh:

4 people like this.
  4. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

Once there was a Q & A in tamil "Varamalar" magazine.

Q: Mayilukku kuyilooda kural irundhirundhal eppadi irukkum? (What if peacock would have got cuckoo's voice?)
    A: So simple Mayil thoogai kuyilukku poirukkum. (The peacock train would have gone to cuckoo).

If you only want to see the outer beauty you will miss the sweet voice.

Every person in this world is 100%. When god gives 10 marks in one thing he definitley gives the balance 90 marks in other.

1 person likes this.
  5. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Perhaps I am going off on a tangent.

India has so many peoples with differing physical attributes due to migrations and conquests over her 10,000 year history.

There is a theory that Aryansinvaded India. Have noticed in some places, Lord Shiva is described as having light/yellowish tinted hair.

And a few years ago, there was an archeology discovery of Tarim basin, a civilization that existed 4,000 years ago. These people were roughly 6 feet tall, mainly had red hair and green eyes. As they were pushed away by the Chinese forces, many of them moved towards Northern India, Afghanistan, Turkey. That's why you see Indians with green eyes, Afghanis with red hair.

And then there is Alexander the Great, whose attempted conquest of India created small Greek kingdoms across modern day Pakistan and India. That's why a lot of Indians are 6'5" and mistaken to be Greek/Italian origin.

I can go on and on. That's beauty of human history, migration, and how different cultures interact. India is a beautiful melting pot of different peoples, yet we look down upon one another for having the wrong skin color, height, etc.

Just my two cents...

2 people like this.
  6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Like all others here Iam not able to make out what you really want to say!
    You seem to have a fixation with something that is 'skin' deep!
    Hope your view changes for the better!

7. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends, I am thankful to all of you those who read the post and given your feedback unbiasedly.

First of all I would like to clarify one most important thing here is that I AM IN NO WAY AGAINST LOVE MARRIAGE OR FOR THAT MATTER THE BEAUTY OR THE UGLY LOOKING AS PER THE SOCIETY.

As one reply said that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, i do endorse this view. Secondly, whatever I mentioned are true facts in fact I can quote some more from my relatives' experience whether it was arranged or love marriage ,the same looks have created disharmony in the lives of couples and some are undergoing the sufferings patiently , while some have called it quits and walked off due to the backing of the same society.

Another case like the one I mentioned, love vanished very soon as the boy himself felt it later awkward to move around with his 'once upon a time lady love', 'sweet heart' and started straying and the net result the marriage broke. In this case her friends warned her of the consequences to occur later, she ignored and went ahead.

It's like the couple may be happy and living peacefully but once a persons' ears are filled with muck and filth, it gradually yields to it.

Regarding the' skin deep' reference, as a teacher I know one student was banned from attending the birthday parties of her classmates as she was dark when compared to her classmates, this was told to her when she asked her friends for not inviting her .

What will be the answer when she comes to me for counselling. I counselled her with what my friends here expressed, in the same way I could get rid of the 'complex' about complexion quoting from my own life. .I am the darkest in my familyand it never made a deep scar till now even though some family members have always addressed me as 'Karuppayi ' ; I never felt that could be a bigger issue and just ignored but had to recollect when the student came to me.

I was personally asked by a non -south Indian, the reason for 'Madrasis' being dark.[ Here she meant all south Indians ] I took a geography class with her explaining to her about the tropical climate 's role.

God gives each one with some good to boast of and color will never enhance the inner beauty. I am not boasting but I have more friends till date due to my nature and positive attitude which is essential to all to live and counter the negative tide.

Dear friends if by any chance my post has hurt your sentiments pl I am extremely sorry and especially to Sharmili, and it is never intended to hurt anyone rather it 's to highlight our society's outlook and as far as possible we should try to change the mind set of people.

Though the society is changing ,it has not changed toatlly free from color myth welcoming a female child whole heartedly.

8. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

Mad for each other

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  9. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Mathangi,

There is something wrong with the thinking of the person if he/she is giving so much value to people's comments. There are plenty of couples where one is dark and the other fair(indian standard :) ) who are still leading very happy lives. Generally in arranged marriages, horoscopes and family backgrounds are all seen so there are plenty of people who fit the bill.

Anywayz how can anybody take credit for his/her good looks? Credit should only taken for their actions. Personality also counts, not just looks or colour.

10. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

I wish to say that Mathangi (OP) has just posted her views on the blind love couple and how the guests reacted. She is not against dark or for good looks. In such a scenario where the love blossomed between the non-matching couple, how the life could be, will it be successful or not given the present global condition that prevails where people do anything for good looks, cosmetic surgery, weight loss treatments, face-lifts, nose alteration, botox etc. etc.

So nobody can deny the fact that beauty is a big business in the world now and everyone wants to look fairer and beautiful. There is nothing wrong in that. What is wrong is looking down upon anybody who is not fair>>>, is not beautiful.

I am not very fair, but medium to fair. My MiL is very fair, but FiL is dark. My MiL does not like any one who is not fair. Similarly my SiLs (4) do not like dark. My MiL is such a proud peacock that she is very fair, though with not very good features. I always oppose her views on this. But she and my DH fully endorse the view that girls who are very fair are beautiful.

Though very fair in Indian standards nowhere near western fairy ladies, still the very fair ones, always have this pride which we cannot deny. Very fair and beautiful ladies always are noticed and they can easily get things done. The very Tamil Movie industry is a VERY BIG EXAMPLE. These days hardly we can see a full tamilian, most of the lead ladies are import from north, few of whom have no acting skills, but for pure looks. Not any more Sarada or Sujata type are accepted. Why?

Whatever we talk about that, society should change for good, be practical, go emotional etc. back on mind, the old habits die hard. Beauty is skin deep, beauty lies on the beholder, inner beauty is more important etc. are good on theories, but in practicality when it comes to personal people act differently.

Finally, glorifying fair ladies does not mean that they are good people, nor the other way. Alternatively, not all darker ones are very good at heart and good looking ones are bad at heart. Everything is case to case basis...... subjective only and not generalised.

Last but not the least, there is definitely partiality prevails at schools. When I was in class VIII, we participated in a group dance preparation, each side 5 girls and we planned from shorter to taller girls at the back and when our group was selected to perform, the cultural teacher, specifically came and told me to stand behind at no.2 or 3 in the row, and made a fairer girl stand in the front row, though she was not dancing well.

This is my pure opinion, no hurt feelings intended to anybody.
    Shanti

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.