1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mac NC 44 studio finish

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by supriya84, Apr 6, 2011.

1. supriya84

supriya84 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,...

I recently walked in to a MAC counter and the SA suggested NC44 liquid foundation after doing a test.It looked good inside but didnt look v.good in the sunlight,...

my questions are as i have indian skin tone shouldnt it be NW(warm) rather than nc(cool),... did she give me the wrong foundation?

Additionally my skin has a really good glow,...like yellowish glow without makeup,...i bought this makeup only for special occasion,...

which foundation is best in retaining this golden glow?

i have tried revlon before it makes me look pinkish white,....i tried the photoready one,...

has anyone used cambhor foundation?

what makeup do indian stars , wedding makeup artists use?

please help,.... let me know if anyone else uses NC44? :idea

2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Sorry about the late reply, just came across your post, I am an NC 45, how did it look bad outside? The mac counters are very bright so the colour will look funny outside, MAC has it weird, the warmer shades are NC and the pinky cooler shades are NW, so you are an NC, but i think you just tried on the wrong shade.

3. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

To be honest for all the brouhaha about MAC i was quite disappointed with their studio finish..their base makeup isn't all that great. Even Revlon does better on that count. But looks like a lot of R & D as gone into their kajal, am totally hooked on to it.:thumbsup:

4. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I really dont like MAC foundations,their compacts are good though,I had a hard time trying to find a MAC shade for me and finally I gave up and am using Chambor stick foundation now only for occasions though and its gorgeous,I use the shade "Cool Maple" or simply "Maple"..I dont remember but its good and use their compact too.