1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maa Tujhe salam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by cutekid, Apr 27, 2009.

1. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

[​IMG]
    Mamma’s Pet – But my mum is my favorite J
    Mamma-This word discribes the most beautiful& wonderful person in my life without whom neither this life nor my living would have been possible.As I am not a good writer, neither I am writing this blog as a contestant, I just want to let out my deepest feeling for my Mamma.
    Always there for me .....
    I am soon going be a mother this year & now much more understand how & what it feels to be a mother.My mamma is a very independent & ambitious lady,even though she was well qualified she scarificed her carrier for the sake of me & my brother.I am staying abroad and there is only me & my husband here,everytime I open my door to my house I remember my childhood when my mamma will be waiting for me at the school door,at the school bus stop,balcony or at the door,to welcome me home,waiting for me with love and hugs. After coming home always asked me how was the day, I used to tell her what happened and the silly things I did with my friends,without a sigh she will listen to everything.Even if I am 10-20mins late she will be worried .She used to keep the delicious food ready & I never found her asleep when my exams were due.She used to give me company. I remeber when I was in university and my father got transfered to Mumbai ,instead of going along with him she stayed back & encouraged me to study hard. I was very happy to see that I topped in my university, Its all due to my Mamma.Sweet adorable mamma.
    Through the bad times.....
    The worst days of our life was when my granmother (nanni) was very ill.My mother helped her through that awful journey where we knew she is not going to make it.My mother will accompany her mother to the hospital,where they will treat her & the treatments were nothing more than torture & will kill my grandmother day by day.There used to be blood on my grandmother’s clothes.She used to plead to stop those treatments, but in a hope to make her survive that illness, my mother did all she could.I can feel now what she must have gone through herself while seeing her mother die each day & without giving up , fighting the odds & the illness.I salute her for that.She not only did that but was also having same love & affection for her mother in law.She used to even dress her piles & comfort her.
    Her struggle....
    I still remeber the time when she was going through bad health & her uterus was troubling her,my father was away and she stayed with me for my studies & bright carrier,at that time she was in utmost need of my father mentally & physically but she never complained about it.I have taken away some golden moments of her youth but she never complain.
    Pamper us...
    I remember when my father was transfered for rural assignment she stayed back to finish my borther’s education & when we went to village, even though we didn’t have enough facities for cooking & utensils whatever was my demand she used to cook on the rockel stove.Sometimes the stove used take so long.I am staying here & I feel so bugged up get up early & cooking for my family but she always gave the fresh & delicious food in my lunch box.

Her decision about my lifepartner....
    I still remeber the struggle in my mind when my then college friend & now husband proposed to me , even though I liked him & would like him to be my life partner, I was not sure whether my Mamma will like him or not?Infact I wanted him in my life, but not at the cost of my loved ones. The thought of losing my family love, specially my Mamma’s for the sake of new love made my life misreable.With al the emotional turmoil going in my life,My husband’s family came forward & sent the proposal , she made it very clear before, that for me her friends always keep asking for matches & I will get a groom from the same background,but soon she accepted it, considering it good for my intrests.I would say without ,my mamma’s consent I would have never had the heart to go forward & start a new life.Hence I owe my loving married life to her too.
    Motherhood – a gift.....
    She is the one who openly & constantly bugged to have baby for the past 2 years of my marriage & only now after being pregnant I discovered what a treasure of emotions she wanted me to go through.I thank her for helping to choose the right things at the right time.
    Cannot live without you-Mamma....
    Everytime now when I call her ,she still has the patience to listen to me,she is my best friend & I wish to god to give her the best life & health.I love u mamma.Be with me forever,I cannot live without you.Please dont leave me ever.Mamma you are far away but you always reside in my heart & my every thought.

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi cutekid,

What a glowing tribute to your dear Mamma on Mother's Day.Written from the heart with sincerity, it really makes a lump rise in the throat as one reads about the little and big sacrifices your Mamma made for you and your family.Count yourself as a lucky daughter who
    had this pillar of strength to nuture you in your childhood and is now still there guiding you from across the oceans as you await the arrival of your little one.
    Lovely reading .
    warm regards
    Paulina

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Cutekid,

Your mom surely deserves to be called a supermom. You are lucky to have her.. Mom's place is above all.. She is a god to her child.. You have nicely narrated your love for her..

Best of luck for your pregnancy too dear.. Enjoy it!!!

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

dear cute kid,

All the best for your pregnancy. SO you too is going to enjoy of being a mother.

You have beautifully narrated about your mom and it is so nice and excellent.

andal

5. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hey Paulina,Deepali & andal,
    Thank you so much :),this is my first blog & luckily for mum...I am so touched by ur comments.She is indeed great.Love her.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cute
    this was a very wonderful tribute to your mom wonderfully written.
    Congrats to would be mom, enjoy the experience on mother hood

7. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Thanks Arunarc.Looking fwd to the great motherhood experience.