1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

M y first movie after marriage

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 19, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

My first movie after marriage was Sagar in hindi.We saw it in a theatre in a place called ''Sevalia'' in Gujarat.I hardly knew hindi but as my husband said that he would do the translation.Off we went.There was no balcony seats.I t was jam packed.The movie took after a series of Gujarati advertisements.We bought ourselves a packet of methi bonda.The movie was going on,suddenly I felt something jump over my feet.My I was really frightened.I told my husband whom kept saying that I was imagining.I hardly concentrated on the movie.Just waited for the lights to be switched on.My when it was on ,I showed my husband there were holes on the seat.We could see several cockroaches........EEK.It was miserable .Later when we moved out ,after the movie was over,we could couple of ratsssssss.My I refused to go for anymore movies there.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Nice post. Cant imagine how it must have been. I'm sure other movie experiences will not be as bad.
    I dont remember my mfirst movie after marriage its been 23 years. we used to goto lots of english and hindi movies.
    regards
    chitra:wink:

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

When my husband and i planned for a movie my FIL said he had not been to a movie for years,:-( so we had to take him along.
    The first movie was vanaja girija

4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

Oh! What an experience!

My first movie after marriage was 'Thenali'....It was a drive-in theatre. Was a good experience. It started drizzling very mild. Still, the movie was going on. No one moved. It was in Chennai. So, people were enjoying.

Love,
    Oviya.

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Nice thread......

My first movie after my marriage is "Mozhi".....in Sathyam theatre....nice & decent movie.

(The first movie I watched with my hubby b4 marriage but after engagement is "Laghe Raho Munna Bhai" in sathyam- Such a hilarious movie Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh )

6. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi,

So sad that your first movie after your marriage was a disaster....Mine was Sivakasi that too after 2 years of marriage because till then we were traipsing all over west bengal putting tower for DWL....it was wierd in its own way...but the sivakasi was a fantastic affair - warm buttered pop corn and holding hands ....romantic , followed by a candle lit dinner..thanks for bringing back the memory...

warm wishes

Aqua.

7. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Re: My first movie after marriage

Mine was "Varsham" Telugu in 2004, a 2 years after our wedding. We had to fly back to our jobs in US, 2 days after our wedding in 2002. We saw many a cinema here in US, but watching a Telugu movie in Hyderabad with my DH was a lot of fun. We escaped our parents and in-laws, took an Auto, leaving our car and driver behind and sneaked into the theater like a newly dating couple. We sat in family section in one of those sofa kind of seats (Fits two). Bought a couple of "Sweet Hearts" cookies and Chips. A memorable thing for me. Thanks for bringing this up now. This couldn't have come in a better time since it is our 6th wedding Anniversary next sunday. Thanks.

8. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite

My first Movie after my engagement (before marriage) with my hubby was Priyamudan. I really enjoyed each and every moment... After marriage, we saw lot of "flop movies" ... what to do none of the movies were hit by that time :)

Sasirekha

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deat Kanaka
    Feeling sad about the experience you had with your DH in the 1st movie, with cockroaches and rats giving you company...........If I was in your place I would have started screaming and making big noise and the whole movie hall would be empty........brave girl....
    Mine was Chalbaaz.............hehehe........Can't remember what all I did but that was my 1st movie with my DH

10. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Mine was "friends"....the catch is we had to take my DH's friends too...Big LaughLOL