1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

@Indhradhanu.....thanks for compiling and posting it here. I had asked @Shanvy earlier about it. Im sure many will look forward to saving this file. Good wishes for your job.Sending positive vibes your way !

4 people like this.
  2. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

My Goodness!
    Indradhanu!
    Wow! kudos to your interest and patience...
    And loads of thanks for the work. A quick reference for a healthy choice.:hatsoff

4 people like this.
  3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Wow @Indhradhanu,

Many many thanks to you, your compilation work is a great thing and helpful to many of us for future references....Hatsoff to your work and thanks again for sharing this to all !

All the best for resuming your job!!

4 people like this.
  4. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Indhradhanu thanks so much for collating the recipes together. Its so helpful for everyone. I have been copy pasting the recipes and menus with the idea of collating them together but I stopped after 150-170 pages. Thanks again for taking the time to compile it and share with us.

3 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Indradhanu, amazing job. Truly a labour of love. :-D

3 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Indhradhanu , what a lot of hardwork and manhours you must have put in. though i love the compilation..a little chinna varutham(a little feeling of upset)..we could have added all the names..without all of their contribution this would not have happened..and also when the recipes are compiled, they don't get to understand all that discussions and the amazing knowledge sharing that has happened. that was one of the reasons, one of my very close friend is still angry for not helping her..now she is sure going to tell me..(nee kudukalainna enna..i got it here, so easy!!! ).. surrendersmileyjust kidding..there are many more things that have not been included..but i am not going to make it that easy. i never believe in spoon feeding my kids.

And i loved every bit of that file. i was amazed at so many pages of information that has been collected from here..@mahesaran @bhucat @damini @deepslikes @mathiravi @laks09 @sravanitenali @satchitananda @sumanrathi and many others..look at all the recipes at one place.. pat yourself on your back and take a hug/handshake from me..what a treasure trove this thread has become.

@indhradhanu if this is your level of commitment at the work you take up, i am sure you will be doing justice to the new job, new environment and the new role of working mom. all the best and god bless.

P.S. please whoever uses these recipes or tries them in their blogs do give credit to these guys. sadly i don't see that happening at many places. recently a recipe mine was used by a blogger and a friend pointed that it was exactly the same, measurements and way of writing. i said may be we think similar. i got a offer to write these millet recipes and other information as a part of a booklet for a small millets company few months back and i declined for personal reasons.

14 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@sumanrathi you are safe??. be safe. @vanivyas is in india. i am not sure if there are any others here from saudi. but if you are lurkers and if you keep watch on this thread..please stay safe people. and loads of prayers and health vibes and wishes that the sandstorms don't harm you in terms of health. cleaning your homes is going to be a tough job but being out of the fine dust is going to be one hell of a job.

and who are not aware many parts of the world has been hit by sandstorms..it is usual for this time of the year but this year it has been bad. the fine dust inside the homes,cars and everywhere..with visibility problems, and more. stay safe people. i hope the worst is over.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkX6qt-vsA0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXlxTJkiPIA

5 people like this.
  8. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

This is really a treasure for many, including me....though i am not taking sans rice, the recipes are all so healthy...i know about millets through @shanvy mam, again coming to baking with healthy alternatives was absolutely new to me....thanks everyone who posted varieties of healthy dishes in this thread.

i am regularly following the thread and will resume with my part after few months...till then enjoying the virtual plates :) thanks each and every contributors....

3 people like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

today is panguni uthiram. pournima and uthiram star fall on the same day. the day of celestial/divine marriages and births. it is very important for us if you are a murugan devotee. rama and sita, siva sakthi, deivanai and murugan marriages are said to have happened on this day. the birth of lord ayyappa is said to be on this day. for me, it is the day of festivities, car festival, walking across the pyre (theemidi ) in our amman temple (kuladeivam). so extra special for me.

i remember when my son was 5 months and after the first brain scan, i was told that i need to keep watch of the size of his brain, as they were already disproportinate and too much of disproportion i would have to go for brain surgery. tough days. i used to watch his head everyday, measure the circumference everyweek. paranoid, little did i understand that internal disparity need not always reflect outside. that was the time, we went to a murugan shetra that we visit on our south tour, because of our guru, there was this gurukal whom use to give us prasad and arrange special darshan (of course we pay for the day's rituals) and i was praying and he asked me..S, why are you upset, en appan murugan irrukkan (my father murugan is there), take this vibuthi and rub it on his head and legs everyday. and that vibuthi was from the vibuthi kaapu and especially from his chest..and whether it was a coincidence or whether it was our belief, there was not much increase after that in the next few scans, though the early disproportion is still there.and i am sure he will guide us through..if not for their blessings, i could never have come this far..@swethasri @laks09 @durga18 today i added all of our heroes to my prayers..let us hope for blessings and miracles..and hope that keeps us floating strong...

To all in need of prayers, a thought has been put forth...
    I thought i am not going to take pictures, the pooja space being cramped and the paint,paper peeling off (Rental place and i tell myself few more months s, few more months..)..then i thought of few of my friends here who always wait for these posts.

IMG_20150403_113629.jpg IMG_20150403_113534.jpg

@satchitananda i remembered your complimenting me on the doing all the pooja. i was not this way earlier. i got into it slowly. i just put a small toe in and never realised i am enjoying a swim in the ocean of spirituality (my way or our way.).

12 people like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Today's lunch plate after yesterdays full fast..i made thinai pongal prasad, neer mor, and sojji (kesari/sheera ) for pournami. the kids actually asked me not to strain more, as i have been having cramps in my legs due to the heat and climate change.

IMG_20150403_122030.jpg

thinai pongal (Actually thinai is said to be prasad for murugan and wanted to make maavu but no takers..), sheera, dal, capsicum+carrot stir fry and little curds.

5 people like this.