1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@deepslikes try to have drumstick leaves as often as possible. This was recommended by ob-gyn to my sister during her pregnancy and showed really good effect.

@Shanvy No clue about the other ingredient in peas curry. Knowing you, it would be something I least expected. How do you get the color in your sabzis. It looks tempting. My sabzis lose their color while cooking.

Also could you please give the ratio of kambu with water for kambu rice.

1 person likes this.
  2. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

@shanvy---Is it turkey berry ,sundakai?

3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @chillbreeze and @shanvy
    We don't get drumstick leaves here but I should be able to get wheat germ.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@deepslikes i know you may not get drumstick..that is why i suggested wheat germ. spinach. they say liver helps, but during pregnancy i would not suggest it and sesame seeds equally have high iron and minerals but must be consumed very moderately.

remember pumpkin seeds..they are again good source..see if you can find them without the shell..sunflower seeds also, but i somehow don't like the oily taste. i don't know if you will like.

and kale that is found abundantly in your place..also have wonderful percentage of iron. asparagus also. (I am listing all that we were giving my friend for upping and maintaining her hb levels..)

I believe asparagus has good benefits other than hb.. the humble chickpea..

(love i would suggest consult your doctor too)

2 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@varhem exactly..you got it right. i had cooked it this way because the kids don't prefer them and i got the raw ones.. with the chitra pournami and thursday coming i did not want to waste. so just sauteed it with onions, and spices...

@chillbreeze fooled you !!lol.. just kidding.. it is turkey berry/sundakkai and not peas..@and i expected @satchitananda to catch it easily.

loads of benefits from this humble berry.

2 people like this.
  6. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Thanks! I am eating kale, spinach and chickpeas/lentils regularly. I will check out the other suggestions.

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

After a long, long time, had some cooked barley again. I don't know why I keep forgetting to make it from time to time.

Lunch - 02 April 2015.jpg
    Cooked barley with cabbage molagutal, cucumber raita, mixed veg, keerai, curd barley

7 people like this.
  8. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

I have been following this thread for a while. I am not able tell you in words how much this thread has changed me..Thank you and other IL-lites for the contributions in this thread. :thankyou2:I learnt a lot and learning every day by reading the interactions between you people..

I belong to that category who never puts up much weight…but now I realize that it doesn’t mean I am following healthy eating habits…I have reduced the usage of maida for baking being inspired by your cake posts…in the same way the usage of oil..started including lots of greens and millets…and I can tell you many more improvements….

I decided to read the whole thread and started in Feb month…I have collected the recipes shared by, in a pdf format..here it is…

View attachment Eat Healthy IL.zip

I do have some apologies to make

1. I have not included the names of people who have contributed because since it was very vast it was a bit difficult ..( sounding selfish??) i hope you all will forgive me since we all belong to the great IL family…kneesmiley

2. Being very bad in editing and formatting the document may not appear very pleasing…if you want to edit and change it in to a better version please go ahead…

3. I don’t know whether I have the permission to do it this way…

First I want to index it online..then thought an offline pdf file would be helpful for my friends who are not in IL.. I hope you won’t mind if I share this file….since I have been reading it continuously every day I feel that you people are residing to my next door and I know you all very well…hugsmiley

I wanted to do it in a better way but now running out of time. Will be joining work shortly…so preparing myself for that transition…spending more time with my toddler…

Shanvy I admire you a lot..i wanted to say the same thing what satchi has said…”tussie great ho ji”..:exactly:

i have recently posted a thread SAHM TO WOHM http://www.indusladies.com/forums/working-women/270051-sahm-wohm-send-me-some.html#post3531574

seeking blessing ,wishes and opinions from everyone here..

19 people like this.
  9. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

@Indhradhanu : Excellent work . So impressed . Thanks a lot for compiling the recipes .

3 people like this.
  10. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Wow supereb work @Indhradhanu !!!!

I am sure many recipes would have gone missing if you have not put them together...

Best of luck for your new job .......

3 people like this.