1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

No gd :) but a bit anemic. Yup, need to focus on diet.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

thanks

I have one more big size pan only for cripy & Rava dosa I will use this when my kids comes.

2 people like this.
  3. shodin

shodin Platinum IL'ite

Hi dearies!!!!!

@shanvy tnk you for the links for ragi recipes want to try your koozhu...until now didn't make...will make and upload....Kofta tempting Here from yesterday school started for DD & DS. New academic year. My DD now in class 6 and DS in UKG

@parineetha Neethu Lol....I used to eat rice weekly once....

@sumanrathi your dosa and chutney superb....vaayila vellam varatu (drooling)

My lunch 30-03-2015 yesterday Salad (cucumber + bell peppers +Olives + Haloumi cheese )with karumuru mixture + orange

lunch 30-03-2015.jpg

6 people like this.
  4. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Shany can u post recepie for ulunthu satham

1 person likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@deepslikes that is not bad. you can up your count. do you get wheatgerm in your place. just see if juice of that suits you now. if it does..the best for anemia. also add lots of greens, and drink citric juice for iron absorption..and be relaxed,everything will be fine.

@smartgrl will post recipe as i make it soon. planning this weekend..bear with me please..because i can have a better recipe than what is hazy in my head..

@shodin you make me drool..

@sumanrathi family there for vacation???

3 people like this.
  6. shodin

shodin Platinum IL'ite

Hi Buddies!!!!

How r you all????

Lunch 31-03-2015

Basmati rice with spices(@parineetha yday also rice) + raita + salad + orange

lunch 31-03-2015.jpg

6 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

It is getting hotter. and @shodin i forgot, all the best to your kiddos on the new academic year and to other kids too.i am completely out of sync with my son starting the next one last month itself, and my dd on the end of her second year.

it is again full days for ds and kiddo needs to take lunch box. so it is early morning cooking and the hustle and bustle. no relaxation for me..looks like the same will continue throughout april and first week of may.

so he took potato and double beans sabji and kootu with his rice.
    my lunch plate was kambu saadam(it is usually more thick balls, since i make it for porridge it is a little loosely packed..), with 2 sabjis. one i already mentioned and the other is pea??now you tell me.. and the kootu is cauliflower greens and stalks..and a glass of buttermilk..

IMG_20150401_121553.jpg IMG_20150401_121614.jpg IMG_20150401_121558.jpg

2 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

and this is something very common in all our households. especially with kids. we had guests last week and the kids had biscuits. and the net outcome was loads of biscuit crumbs..i had a box of crumbs from digestive biscuits already lying in the fridge..when i saw this i was like what do i do.. and i was against the common cheesecake for the butter and the cream and my dd just provoked me..(summa irundavala usuppi usuppi vitta..) saying you remove the butter and egg out of cakes, the maida out of bakes, the rice and urad dal out of dosa what are these biscuit crumbs..comeon mommy!!! i know..

so this is what i came up with ....chewy and slightly crispy barks..

i used roasted oats, nuts, dates, a little milk,a spoon of oil and all the crumbs...baked it at 200 degrees for 25 minutes...

what do you think of this tubelight idea...(aka jugaad as we call these in hindi)

Attached Files:

12 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy, tussi great ho! I shall stop at that and not go on with the rest of the dialogue! :-D

1 person likes this.
  10. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Shans,

yummy bars. I have Marie biscuit crumbs and I woukd live to try it.

2 people like this.