1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thanks you sm, damini.

mahe me remember all days. and infact lots of things. we discuss about how much we have changed as a person. in my case it was not pen parkkum padalam. i first met him when i joined the company. i fought with him too on the second day. we were always ready to hold the others throat when it came to official discussions. i used to be so egoistic being a state rank holder and one of the very few batches that had come out those days and also my mastery over some programming languages...(phew how bad nah) and all our fights used to end with a cup of coffee, that is what i wrote about last year..and it is 23 years and we still love to have that cup of coffee. sorry for this post..but could not control.... see mahe what you made me do...

7 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

lemon barley and ragi roti. lemon barley is nothing but substituting barley in lieu of rice in the lemon rice prep. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/1475-bhaths-pulaos-rices-and-saadams-2.html#post5840 something similar to this. but lesser oil and i add peanuts too.

ragi rotis.is here..Ragi Chappathis - Blogs - IndusLadies and you can see some of my recipes here..nothing grand or great. i do post only if somebody asks for it. because most of them are adaptation of our very own everyday cooking. do ask and i will share. i may forget with the schedules i have, do remind. and please don't take offence if i don't answer, nothing personal, it is just that things are a tad too engulfing.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

PT that is what a buddy group does to you. increases your determination and control. well done.

4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

As we are having weekends here, i would prefer to cook kerai during weekends. This is the only time u sit with family and enjoy eating. So i keep leafy vegetables a must for weekends.

Tom ( we have weekend here) so i will prepare
    kerai and mango aviyal
    coconut fried chutney powder ( tastes too good with hot rice)
    appalam... ( my kids fav)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AW mishra, that is a sweet thing and let me be honest, before il, i never wrote a recipe down. it has always been eye-ball consistency. then il, chitvish mam, and that is when i started noting down how much i use.the cups/spoons..

now most of the recipes are a ready reckoner for my kids, and i must say thanks to il for making it happen.

i have to explore and learn a lot more before even thinking of a ebook for private circulation.

1 person likes this.
  6. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Sweeet memories Shanthi. These are the sweet nothings which makes us feel up isnt. Congratulations on your 21st Wedding anniversary.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mahe, i cook radish leaves, beetroot, cauliflower. we don't get knol khol leaves. to many believe it is rabbit food and. my husband calls me aadivaasi for my food habits. these days we get wonderfully fresh beets, carrots and cauliflower, and the vendor chops of the leaves, stalks of cauliflower and i am the only one who says no no..give me along with the leaves, infact he will be having gunny bags of leaves and i will be like why does not the government do something about these wastes that can be converted into wonderful manure..

coming to kohlrabi(knolkhol), if the leaves are part of the tender roots, cook them together. otherwise you can cook the greens separately. they taste similar to radish and beets..you can saute with small onions, garlic and steam for a few minutes add freshly crushed pepper and salt and have it just like that. you can cook it with moong dal and add ground coconut+jeera+redchilli. but do temper it, for that extra flavor...

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i know it is the weekend there. i still hold a rp for this place.vani. weekends and eating together with the family in a relaxed manner is a must. even if you are eating simple comfort food like me and my kids..dal and some vegetable or just vegetable pulao.

do you try the greens in the srilankan section apart from the regular sections.

you are a malayali.. red molakeerai and mango avial?? and also that is chammanthi podi you are talking about right.. i used to have a malayali roommate..from the malabar..she used to have a variety of these powders and some pickles that i had never heard of before she told me..enjoy your weekend and welcome to il. i think this is my first interaction with you.

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

6 people like this.
  10. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi Akka....

I wish you both a very Happy Anniversary...May Almighty bless you both to flourish more in coming years!!!

Sravani

1 person likes this.