1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Laks,

Check this link for the sprouts.

Eating Raw Beans: Soak and Sprout Your Way to a Protein-Rich Raw Diet

It has more details on preparation, shelf life and nutrient contents in some sprouts. Yes, i normally use them in kootu varieties. I just add a handful at the end of cooking it. Its yumm.. that avoids it mushy. But i definitely do not add them in frys.

Brown rice with 15 bean makes a wonderful adai. Do try, it definitely tastes better than the original adai..

Yaay!! i did complete my 100 mile challenge by 24/1 itself..

2 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

now those who wished me yesterday and have used belated, it was my wedding anniversary yesterday..20 years completed and the 21st anniversary..it was just another day. though a friend of the family (who used to work under dh-but that is at the office.at home all are friends of the family even if it is a office assistant) brought a cake stating happy anniversary to sir and madam..was moved..eggless, coffee and caramel from a super costly oven..we wanted to celebrate it as a family but then it did not happen..but so what if there is a distance..we did celeberate on hangout..thanks to technology that makes it happen..what would not have been possible long back..

thanks bhu, laks and inresa.

7 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

congrats mahe. even the beans and lapsi makes a wonderful soft adai. tastes great.

1 person likes this.
  4. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Hi shanvy,

Belated Happy anniversary!

1 person likes this.
  5. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Shanvy,

Congratulations on your 21st wedding anniversary. I wish you two celebrate many more together.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  7. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy,

u should really consider writing a recipe book, it will be really beneficial to indians as there arent many books with indian dishes that are low carb..

There are books that are americanized ..

1 person likes this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

The recipe was probably already posted, but would you please give me either the link or tell me where I can find it?

Editing to add - I am so proud of myself :) A co-worker just brought over chocolate chip cookies which I politely declined. I have NEVER been able to do that!! So I have saved myself of a couple of 10s or 100s of calories, possibly ;-)

6 people like this.
  9. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

well done PT... keep it up...

10. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy mam, belated anniversary wishes....(i would tell my hubby that every celebration will be there upto 1 week. so i think i am not late... hehehe), normally i will remember all the days, first we met(pen parkkum padalam), engagement, the big things we bought etc... i like celebrations...so i need a chance to celebrate ...

yesterday prepared brown rice upma... it was so yummy and for the night dinner kept the wheat upma in the cooker instead of kadai, used only 1/2 spoon of oil for each upma.
    Today tried beetroot-leaves curry for the first time...(thanks Mathi for the details )

I saw so many knol-khol with leaves in the market yesterday. Can we cook the leaves? Any idea about that?

1 person likes this.