1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Yes I will when I wake up I will switch on the Z Tamil i will listen and watch until i get ready to office. Evening Vijay TV serial :):)

1 person likes this.
  2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Really amazing very clean and the shape and colour dosai tempt me a lot yumsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy, you are right in saying that many channels are trying to attract people with alternate medicines. In the show aired on Vendar tv, they just give info about healthy food and effects of junk/artificial color sweetners etc. They don't talk about natural medicines. That channel is from SRM group and has been started only few months back.

In the Zee tv show, they explain about a natural medicine everyday but there is also lot of info in between about the keerais and veggies we use daily.

Loved your mudakatthan dosa. May I know the cost of mudakatan in Chennai, just to compare the prices.

Today breakfast is mudakathan dosa (wheat, ragi, kambu, cholam and varagu batter) with tomato chutney. I feel happy & satisified when I give healthy food to my family.

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow! What lookers those dosais are, and I am sure they taste as wonderful! I use a regular tava for my dosais. I put a few drops (about 5 drops) of oil on the tava and spread it out with an onion or tissue paper. The first dosa is made a little thick. After the tava gets a bit heated up, the remaining dosais turn out thin and crisp. The tava is washed every time it is used.

1 person likes this.
  5. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

image.jpg

My breakfast

tomato barley rice, onion raita, brinjal curry, veg kurma with coconut, mv pappad

5 people like this.
  6. mahesaran

image.jpg

Mushroom soup( for the creamy texture I added 2 boiled pieces of sweet potato), red amaranth-Mioong dhal sprouts Poriyal , boiled sweet potato with skin....

5 people like this.
  7. mahesaran

Shanvy mam.. The dosa is ver tempting...

I forgot this... :hatsoff Hats off to you that for more than 20 days there is no white rice for even kids...hats off to kids too...:clap How it was possible? What about your FIl? He will also eat without whit rice?

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there is no safety hazard as such. but i prefer them to be atleast refrigerate thawed to microwave. you will find the difference in both try it. heat it straight from the freezer. heat it after getting it to room temperature..(this was for frozen food mainly)

and ofcourse lots of power saving. so if you know you are going to use this frozen cup of dal the next morning, bring it to the fridge section and it will thaw well by the next morning.

and thank you @msm for those lovely comments.

9. mahesaran

I have some dry dates and dried apricots... How I can use it? Suggestions plz....

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@sumanrathi kudos to your interest. i was telling my dh that this person plans and cooks and takes his food, in turn he asked me if you were having stressful job of monitoring world forex markets from early morning to late night..:biglaugh..but he is trying..today he has made semiya upma with loads of vegetables for his lunch inspite of getting out of the house at 7.00. and he is also making varagu, samai rice and eating it and i am happy for that.

1 person likes this.