1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Deeps.

I am so mad reading above post of yours. How can they snicker? Was it in India? People have to come and he and make sure the person os not hurt instead of snickering.....more than anything people need to grow up!

1 person likes this.
  2. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

@shanvy mam, hope you are fine now. Pedestrian footpaths are always exploited by 2 wheelers. Funny thing is they honk as though we are not supposed to walk on the footpath.

My daughter is better today. Giving her plain kichdi with turmeric powder and pepper powder. Yesterday, made some pesto pasta with home grown basil. She liked it :)

1 person likes this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

My bf is kuthiraivali upma with watery coconut chutney followed by low fat sugarless tea. thanks cv mam, after reading your post , i got the idea of replacing rice upma with millets. you know i love upma but the two boys will run way if they hear the word upma. so after i started avoiding white rice, i stopped eating upma.
    whenver i go to mom's place i will be waiting to eat it...

hereafter no more waiting to eat my favorite plate of upma.

The lunch is 2 spn of brown rice with rasam, moong dal -jaggery pooran, english cucumber, oil less mango pickle, mw pappad, palak porriyal.
    today too much of carbs...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    5 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

very busy. and my cooking spree was too much..and my net issue is not resolving. so no pictures..

my yesterdays lunch was lauki/surakkai/bottlegourd sabji, ragi roti, curds and tomato chutney.

today's lunch- jeera rasam, broken wheat, beetroot sabji and corn and carrot salad.

cooked : rasmalai, sweet buns and savory buns for the next two days. and made batter and all the rest of thte stuff,as i have a packed day tommorrow and friday being another aadi velli.

so excuse for not posting pics..

2 people like this.
  5. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy mam....rasamalai..... mouth watering.. today i was craving for sweet... so made moong dal pooran with the left over dal and satisfied my taste bud. yesterday i saw the recipe of bread rasamalai, a healthy stuff . I have to try on coming monday as tomorrow is pradhosham, and for Adai velli i am planning to prepare brown rice sarkarai pongal . Last week prepared aval paysam.

How about your health now?

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mahe,

yesterday i had some excess milk so made some rosgollas for my DD. she loves it so much. and today made rasmalai which family loves. and the buns have turned out real yum try them.

brownrice pongal will be different nutty..i am sure you will love it. serve it hot with a dollop of ghee for the family..

i am planning pongal too, but mostly it would be regular pongal,for my husband.

have some pain in the back and neck..but otherwise i am fine..

2 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

karanu, see it is so easy. once a while make it thippili rasam. with a little dal on the side she won't recognise. good for cold, and fever and recovery.<br>i am sure she will be fine soon.

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

cvmam, viji has said everything. i will add more if i remember. so happy you gave it a try.

practice makes us better..

2 people like this.
  9. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Mahe,

millet upma crefit goes to Shanvy. She is the one who gave me the idea. Just loike you, I love upma too. I still make rava upma ....little rava and lots of veggies........once in a few weeks.

1 person likes this.
  10. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

@mahe, can you please share how you make millets upma? Do you use whole millets or millet rawa? How much qty of water to use? Thanks!