1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@deeps love, i just wish that there was something like a switch or app that just allows for food to pop out of the monitor. the colors and the plating wonderful. and yes a little bitterness is nothing. i teach my kids learn to accept all tastes, it makes you feel good. you need to understand life is not always sweet. and different tastes make it more interesting and appreciate each other..

Just thinking loud, is that too much greens for a day. palak is too high on iron and minerals. after my episode of kidney stones due to calcium oxalates i am a cautious person.

@abhising the question is to you..can we mix two or more greens..now i know we mix coriander and curryleaves and more..but i hope you understand what i am asking..

@deeps that said give me those two bowls of greens i am done with for the day. i love greens. thanks to my dad who introduced me to more and more varieties..

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@CVmam, this thread is in the keep fit and maintain shape for a reason. if it was just about food we would have been moved to recipe central.

to the best of my knowledge..barley works. drinking lot of water in general works. and if it is just soreness, it means that your muscles are recognising your activating them, not that we are working them too hard. so keep working or walking. you are to worry only if there is sharp pain in your knee, heel or calf muscle while you take steps or during a sudden movement or any tingling feeling, or swelling.

that said, soreness starts almost after 24hours of working out and will heal itself in 3-4 days. but stopping activities will lead to more stiffness. so have warm baths. if you have a bath tub, add some epsom salt if you can catch hold of some, or else rocksalt should do. and soak..this will give relief.

soreness and pain are different. the moment you feel pain slow down. yes listen to your body. you cannot walk if you are in pain. soreness just indicates that the muscles that we forgot or did not use for long are active and what you to know that they are present. happens to me the days i do wider squats

3 people like this.
  3. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Shans. I know it ins just soreness and not pain for sure. My leg muscles feel tired, that is all. I think it will get used to the walking and feel better soon.

Thanks dear......you know how to put someone at ease...your first 2 statements in the above post is a classic example.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@bhucat,

how was the dharshan. me too had a ptm yesterday. a little disappointed but then can't expect miracles with the kind of overload these kids are on.

coming to your doctor, she is right. i think i mentioned that the physio-therapist assistant whom i meet regularly has osteo-penia and she is just 24. and another girl who cracked her arm doing nothing. yes calcium in this generation is depleting or not enough as young as 12-13.

i am a borderline osteo-porosis person. i knew this long back. i have all the indicators o n the check list. surgery, steroidal abuse, hormonal imbalance, early menopause, and many more. so that is when i took a cautious effort of increasing my calcium though inbetween i had renal calculi and had to avoid calcium in any form. for 3 years. now my levels are where they were at the same place. <8 where 8 is the minimum, but luckily no decline..touchwood for myself.

apart from the intake of calcium, a little more vitamin d is must. i believe it is a circle. lack of vitamin d, lesser calcium absorption. our fear of the sun, the heat has hit this generation too much. we slap the sunblock and go out. though we need to.
    a few minutes early morning at sun-rise standing and saying aditya hridayam was recommended and practiced earlier..good for both eyes and bones. we do not have the time. sun-rise we pack the kids into vans.. atleast twice a week of exposing the kids to sun early morning or late evening should become a habit.

drumstick and manathakkali(nightshade family) you can't sing or talk enough about their goodness. there is antiseptic and analgesic properties in manathakkali no wonder it is widely accepted. every green has its own merits.yes calcium is high in drumstick. and manathakkali and agathikeerai (no wonder it is fed to cows).

oil bath- the fear of grease, the fear of slipping on the floor and more has stopped many. add to it that soaps do not remove the oil well, and the gram flour mix will not wash well. the water has become more hard. in the humid weather you feel sticky soon after coming out of an oil bath. oil bath and hot water bath go together. i have witnessed the goodness of this bath. my paternal gm never used anything like cream or powder in her life. but her skin used to glow..the secret was freshly processed gingelly oil/sesame oil. just using fingers in circles is the best way to allow the skin to absorb.

thanks for sharing bhu, and do share more whenever you go. most of the diseases that we hear and learn about today were discussed and documented by charaka..and WHO has accredited and appreciated that all the documentation on diabetes and the causes and the medicines mentioned in ayurveda applies and is so true even today.

Take care.

3 people like this.
  5. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the ragi murukku recipe and the video shany mam...
    lots and lots of info..... Lucky we....

Even for for my mom, the dr told to be in sunlight for at least 30 min per day , as she is having week bones.
    And dr told that ladies should have ghee daily at least 1/2 spn, for the bone strength...

1 person likes this.
  6. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy mam, I hope you are fine now.... Yes it is true, even tough we are going safely, our safety depends on the other persons in the road also...take care of your health... How is your leg now?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Oh sad that was. Hugs to Sat. Prayers be with her.

OMG...Shan, I was shocked to read abt the 2 wheeler and really feeling angry at the insane road users. I want to lock you inside the home and keep you safe :'(. How is the leg now.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I already am being controlled by two vanara saiynyam in my house and another one through the phone. don't join them.

i am fine. it just happened. these days nothing is certain. the other day one of C's junior thought the bus stopped, and started getting down, only that the driver moved away.the girl has a cracked skull and is in hospital. we try our level best to be safe.

i only thing it could have been worse..i only have burn marks on my neck. i shudder to think of all those girls who drive with dupatta flying.better tie it well. in my case it was pinned. a small parcel that had something to hook hooked on to my dupatta.. my luck..but it happened when i got down. imagine if i was equally travelling..

so being careful is only way forward.. i don't have a choice.

3 people like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

with deference to a wonderful soul that I came to know through satchi's post, i am not posting any pics today. mayher soul rest in peace. and satchi love we are all with you. sending you lots of strength to tide over..

3 people like this.